Win32/Adware.Hithopper

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by LokiLoki, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Hi Guys,

While I was doing a scan with ewido, NOD32 came up with this threat warning.

Ewido was scanning cablenut_update.exe at that time. Since the warning, I uninstall/deleted that program.

I did a search on hithopper on my registry and files but no results. I install cablenut since last year. So is this threat a f/p?

Anyone with cablenut get this warning?

2. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I don't have cablenut, but I have just received the same warning for eDexter, one of Pyrenean's well known internet filtering utilities. Attempting to download the eDexter install file from this site will trigger the warning http://www.pyrenean.com/?page_value=-18

3. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I had the same for the AudioCoding mp4 Winamp plugin setup file. NOD32 started to flag the file after one of the virus definition updates on the 10th, but it has been fixed with todays update.

4. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up, latest update has fixed it re eDexter. Ah well, it was good to see NOD in action for a little while :D

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The same thing happened to me with...

C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\Radio@AOL\setup.exe - Win32/Adware.HitHopper application - quarantined - unable to clean - deleted

However, the latest update seems to have fixed this, as well. I have restored the file from quarantine without incident. :)

6. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Ah I see. Thanks guys for your replies.

7. nameless

nameless Registered Member

If you have a suspected FP, just right click that file in Quarantine, select the option to submit it for analysis, and in the box provided, enter a brief note such as "False positive?". That's what I did after having to deal with a slew of FPs, and mistakenly-deleted and -renamed files from the update of the other day. Asking here is almost useless, maybe literally useless, as far as getting the problem solved.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.