Win2k and universal restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zipc0de, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zipc0de

zipc0de Registered Member

I am trying to image a 2000 box with sp4 and rollup1 using universal restore, after the image is made and verified, i boot the new pc with the boot disk and select the agent with universal restore. Then i go thought the steps to restore my image to the new box, when i get to the part where it asks if i want to delete all partitions i select yes (only because i cant select no) and then when i hit the next button the program crashes. I have also tried this without the universal restore and the image will transfer to the new pc but of course it will not work because of obvious reasons.(it was just a test to see what would happen). I am using version 9.1.3718 with universal restore 9.1.3854. Please let me know if there is anything you guys can think of. BTW i was able to image a dell gx150 winxpsp2 and 'universal restore' it to an hp with no problems.

P.S I am able to reimage the same type of pc with my 2000 image so the image is good im guessing that its the universal restore, is there a newer version that 3854?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  2. zipc0de

Anyone?

3. leadfoot93

leadfoot93 Registered Member

the 3854 universal restore doesnt work. Contact acronis support and they will help you
    Ken

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zipc0de,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software Corporate.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that in order to work properly the build of Acronis Universal Restore has to be the same as that of the version of Acronis True Image you use.
    Therefore, please download the latest build (3854) of all components of the corresponding version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.
    Then uninstall all installed components (including Acronis Universal Restore and Acronis Remote Agents, if any), and install them again.

If you experience any issue with Acronis Universal Restore after you have updated to the latest build 3854, please follow the instruction provided in this previous post to collect the information that would allow us to investigate the problem and provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. zipc0de

Thx guys for the answers

6. elaps

elaps Registered Member

zipc0de,

Did you ever get your new system running. I had the same system config of win2k w/ sp4 and restoring to a new drive in a new machine did not work for me. The new system does not need any controller cards or hard drive drivers since it is an IDE system. The system boots to the point where it gets to the B/W boot screen saying "starting windows" and then it freezes. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any success with universal restore to a new machine with win2k sp4.

Thanks,

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.