WIn Xp stops responding after inaction

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by rulepar, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rulepar

rulepar Registered Member

Using Win Xp + SP2 have had my computer (Pentium 4 2.8Mhz) stop responding after not using the computer for say 1/2 hour. No task manager will display, and the only solution is to reboot.

After removing Process Guard 2.000, XP started working again normally, without this problem.

Does anyone else have the same experience?

Rulepar

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Rulepar - Hi.

It's been my experience that if there was conflict with some app and PG you would get a warning message on PG's log screen. Do you see anything on PG's log screen?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi rulepar, Well that's a new one:) Could it be that your screensaver is not on the protection list?
    .scr files are executables so can be added.
    The only other thing I can think of is Standby or hibernation system files might need to be listed but I have had no problem here with either.

If you are a registered user you could download the public beta V3 - (available from the Members area) which addresses the issues that V2 has with SP2

HTH Pilli.

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi rulepar

I think that pilli may be right here re. the screensaver. I had a similar occurrence (or what seems to be) when everyone had logged out and the PC was left at the Windows Log In screen (where you select the user). Anyway, I used to comeback to find a blank screen that noting would get into. Baffled, I had to reboot, until I remember that Windows has a default screensaver scrnsave.scr, that is displayed if the Log In screen remains visible too long, ie, no one logs on to the PC. I registered it with PG3 and do not appear to have had the same problem agian since then.

May be coincidence but may also be worth checking out. The way I got it registered was to right click the Desktop to gect the context menu, select Properties, then click on the Screensaver tab and select Windows XP as the screen saver. The click the Preview button. That should run the screensaver, causing PG3 to prompt for Permit/Allow, etc.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.