Win XP SP2 Updates Needed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pinso, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello folks,
    i need a few favour, u see i dont Update my PC very much, i m using XP SP2(32 bit), i h' Avira and rely on it very much. Well now,i m thinking of updating my PC so i can make a Backup Image, can someone redirect me to a site where their is a collection of all the UPDATES that is needed for XP SP2.
    Since Microsoft will stop updating XP in the year 2015 i think, its better to h' then not to h' , its what i say.
    Many Regards.

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I have looked up internet lingo on different sites and have not seen the " h' " anywhere . It seems to be an abbreviation of "have" is this correct?

Edit: investigate what updates you really need and will not change your set up. Like if you do not have any welcome or logon screen the newer updates will add them and it can cause plenty of problems to get rid of on certain machines or setups.

Also many other bloat is downloaded if the automatic downloads is checked off.

Many times the major service pacts are all you need with good anti malware applications. These service packs are easily obtainable, in your case SP3 should be easily downloaded by the Microsoft site. Save and burn it to disc for future usage. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en has the administrator download.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  4. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Thanks Tarnak, that was exactly i was looking for, all the Hotfixes or Critical Updates. I can choose what i want, instead of blindly updating which some people make too much fuss about.

ha; yeah cortez its a small slang . i think its used pretty much everywhere.
    i already h' WinxpSP3 but my rig seems to like SP2 more, with 1GB RAM and 1.80GH Pro :not much though.

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Glad to have helped. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.