WIN XP SP2 Information Bar Alerts

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ajcstr, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

On my daughter's PC, the Windows Information bar alert comes up with EVERY website - very annoying (I think its the activex warning) . I run adaware, spybot, spywareblaster and have Avast Home and Sygate free firewall installed. adaware and spybot return the normal minor stuff, tracking cookies , etc. I compared her security settings to my laptop and they seem to be the same. Sound failiar to anyone? Is a hijack this log in order?

2. rawr

rawr Registered Member

If you're on Windows XP/SP2, are you sure it isn't the pop-up blocker status bar that's appearing?

3. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

I will check - getting on that computer (15 yr old daughter) requires the stealth of a special ops unit :). But even if it is the pop-up blocker - that is the only PC in the house that gets these alerts EVERY time a new page is displayed.

4. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

I checked and it is actually a warning about active content. I have "allow active content to run in files on my computer" unchecked.

***follow-up - I checked "allow active content" and that got rid of the message. I went back and unchecked it, and did not get the message again (I hope I did not let something in).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.