Win XP SP2 CD Available For Free

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bigc73542, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Some of us live in the sticks. No big stores around not counting Walgreens. :cool:

I downloaded sp2 and installed. Ordered a cd as well. It arrived in five days.

2. ufoflyer

ufoflyer Guest

Sorry to hear that you don't have many big stores around Ronjor. But living in the boondocks does have it's positives too i'm sure. :)

But i guess when i said, I don't really understand why everyone is getting them through the mail, i meant on just about every site i've gone to it just seems like everyone is getting them through the mail and very few have mentioned getting them any other way. Not everyone can be living in the boondocks. :D

Maybe it's just easier to sit at your computer and type it in and in a couple days it just arrives. It's actually pretty cool if you think about it. All you have to do is lift a couple fingers and it's yours, home delivered. :D

3. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Got SP2 in the mail this morning; it only took 10 days to deliver.
    Now, let's go over all the reviews, opinions and threads once again.....I'm not putting that possible time-bomb disc in my pc just yet....:p :D :cool:

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

No problems at all here (so far, knock wood).

My only question relates to the new execution-protection feature. The accompanying read-me says it has to be hardware-supported by your processor, but I haven't a clue where or how to find that out. Even Everest-Home doesn't help --while it displays all kinds of other supported/not-supported info, the current version (I've got 1.10.106) obviously never heard of execution-protection.

5. SimonC

SimonC Registered Member

Got mine on the cover of PCPLUS magazine to which i subscribe to.

6. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

mine arrived in the mail after being airmailed from northern hemisphere to southern . Good service less than 2 weeks.

Alan i didnt see your post re have I a download manager ..... no I havent.
    Its the clear air i down under ... must make our connections faster.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

SP2 Baby Disky delivered safely this morning on the front door-mat, weight 2Grms.....Motherboard recovering well....Conceived on the 22 Sept. 04 and delivered 13 Aug. 04....(18 day traumatic wait)......
    Now that the delivery has been successful, Mrs. Cochise and I have sent it to 'Security High University' to be prepped and re-educated for the next four years........... :D

Cochise, :cool:

8. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Could these responses be a "FEAR FACTOR?" :eek:
    Happy to see more cautious ones here besides me. After 10 days my SP2 CD is still sitting on top of my file cabinet. Actually, I'm mainly waiting for the next DCS PG to show up before I decide to install.

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well would you believe I just popped my SP2 disc into my DVD player and watched 'Bambi' and 'Apocalypse Now'......so it can't be all bad..... :D

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sp2 was the single best "upgrade" I've ever gotten from Microsoft.

That said, all machines are different and there could be glitches.

It will make a restore point for you should all not go well.

It's only a computer! :cool:

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Yes, but it's my ONLY Computer...... :D

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

It's alright you guys talking about 'Reformatt' and 'Re-install' etc., and 'Clean' whatever when you know what your at....but for people like me...I had this XP OS given to me by my Darling niece, who, in a move from York to here lost all the Installation discs for everything, OS, Scanner, Printer etc., sooo how would I go on if things went Kingdick after loading SP2 Please.....all suggestions in brown paper wrapper........ :D

Cochise. :cool:

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Cochise,

You're right. Give it some time so you get accustomed to your new machine.

I have no doubt we will know the day the great event occurs. At least, I hope so! :D

14. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Ron, I feel better now and yet I have this irresistable urge to just poke the disc in the machine and let it do it's damndest.....I can't stop myself......Oooooooer! here I go.....I'm gonna do it.....Goodbye dear Friends, you may never hear from me again.....(So at least some good will come of it).. :D

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Weeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllll!..........I did it...I D/Ld the dreaded SP2........took 20/25 minutes from start to finish........the whole thing never even touched the sides.....the whole thing slid in like a Kipper in a....in a....well it just slid in...Ewido got a bit of a fright at first but after that it was plain sailing....the install couldn't quite grasp the fact that I refused to allow all future Updates but it got over it in the end..... so now all I've got to show for the adventure into the unknown is a little red shield with a cross in it in my task-bar......so who's afraid of Big Bad Bill then......I entered the Valley of Death and came out the other side........God, am I cool or what?........... :D :D :D

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Cochise, you are up for Chief of all tribes now! Super Brave! :D

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks dear Ron....I just knew that no matter what, the whole Sioux Nation would have come riding to my rescue in the event that 'Buffalo Bill' attacked me........the 'Little Big Disc' is a ***** cat.......... :D

18. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Errrrrr? what happened there.....is *****-cat a rude word??........ :D

19. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

OK!.....Can I say P***y-cat then?.............Poor old Kojak would turn in his grave... :D

20. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

21. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well Folks, upto now I've had no probs with SP2........except my Space Cadet Pinball no longer works properly, had to delete it :'( and my Shut-down used to take about 4/5 seconds but now takes 40/45 secs??....Oh! and that little thing keeps popping up to tell me that I'm not allowing M$ to update me to their hearts content and consequently I'm in mortal danger!!.....but do I care?.....anybody else showing the same symptoms?...... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.