Win XP partition problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mikegoldnj, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikegoldnj

mikegoldnj Registered Member

Yesterday I installed the Avast antivirus software on my windows xp pro machine. After letting it run a complete scan I then uninstalled Norton AV, which required a reboot.

When the machine tried to reboot I got the Blue screen with an error message and it did a memory dump.

Upon rebooting I got an "error loading O/S" message. I tried using the XP recovery after booting from the cd but got no options and when I let the machine boot from the cd it only sees my physical D drive but not the C drive, it says there is no recognized partition.

I created a bootable Acronis disk and booted using that and tried the recover partition utility. when I click on the icon for the c drive it shows: FS: None Partition 0x7(NTFS, HPFS) File system: None

I tried automatic recovery and that did not work. When I choos manual, it will not let me select the portion (highlighted in yellow) where my c: partition was/is. The yellow bar has a red and white x on it. The only thing it will let me select is an unallocated 7.8 MB section.

Now what do I do?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikegoldnj,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. mikegoldnj

mikegoldnj Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.