Win 7 x64, Which software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Gasp, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

I have finally got a new Win 7 64bit PC. I currently have active licences for Norton IS 2010, Prevx, and MBAM. What software would you use which works well in Win7 x64?

Does sandboxie still have x64 issues?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I haven't used NIS 2010 on here , but both Prevx and MBAM work fine. Sandboxie I don't trust on 64, just a personal thing.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I had Norton 2010 but removed it and found that the new Avast 5 free is much lighter and probably just as effective. Can't say much about the others you mentioned as I have not used them.

4. Yhe1

Yhe1 Registered Member

I used Avira on my Win 7 x64 and have no issues.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm running Win7 x64 and use NIS 2010 and Prevx SafeOnline (the Facebook offer). They work fine together. I use MBAM as well, but only "on demand" - can't comment on whether or not the real-time module would get along with the others. Sandboxie has limitations on x64 that the vendor (to his credit) has been willing to talk about. There's a thread here so just do a search if you want the full story. It's important to note that the Patchguard feature of x64 impacts all products which work by patching the kernel in x86 - basically in x64 they can't. Generally vendors are not volunteering how their products are affected/limited. Sandboxie and Prevx are two exceptions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.