Win 2003 Server boot problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dav136, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dav136

Dav136 Registered Member

Hello,

i've got a problem imaging a Win2003 Server with boot-image CD - i've tried True Image v7, and then v8, always resulting in the Server starting up (Windows Server logo with "progression" bar), and then, when the gui should switch to something like 'preparing network connection' the server reboots.
    I want to set up the Server on identical Hardware.
    I even tried the clone Harddisk option - cloning to USB drive and then back to server - with same result.

Help would be greatly appreciated (I need to run now, have tried all day, don't have time now to send 'official' support request).

David

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Hello! I had a problem similar to this (well, slightly similar). I imaged a Windows 2003 server to test the imaging process using TI 8.0.0.945 Enterprise Server. When I dropped the image back on, the server refused to let me log in. I would get the login screen, sign in...then the server desktop would blink for half a second, then the "Logging Off" box would immediately appear and I would be back at the login screen. I was stuck in this loop, and could never log back into the server again, resulting in rebuilding it by hand. This issue was never resolved for me, but luckily has never reappeared. I don't have an answer for you, but wanted you to know you aren't alone with Windows 2003 issues! Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.