Will your Gmail account be visible in a public Google Doc?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by MrGump, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

So basically, I was checking out a Google doc that i was invited to, many people were looking at it. I have a Gmail account and I was still logged in from accessing it earlier in my browsing session. You know, you go to the Google homepage and you can see your email account in the top right corner :p

Anyway, I noticed a list of "anonymous user" is viewing this document. Was I appearing as an anonymous user or could they all see my total email address?

thanks *puppy*

2. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

I don't do Google accounts or docs. However, your question made me interested and a quick search turned up:

Share your document with other people
    https://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=143314&topic=21008&ctx=topic

and clicking through a few of those links I found related info. Based on only a quick scan of the materials there, I suspect you would have been anonymous to other viewers but not anonymous to owner/editors. Perhaps someone knowledgeable about Google Docs will chime in with a better reply, but there is something you could start to read now.

3. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

thank you very much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.