Will You Use Internet Explorer 9?

Discussion in 'polls' started by shakethebabyass, Sep 4, 2010.

?

Will You Use IE9 Beta? Is This The Real IE9 UI?

1. Yes I Will, Yes It is.

42 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. No I Will Not, Yes It Is.

11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Yes I Will, No It Isn't.

11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. No I Will Not, No It Isn't.

29 vote(s)
    31.2%
  1. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

Will you use the new Internet Explorer 9 beta on Sept. 15? I will be. I am an IE and Opera Fanboy.

ALSO, is this the real IE9 Interface?

Attached Files:

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Bit early to say anything, but I'll definitely be trying it, and moving to it if the UI turns out to be good.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Not sure if that's the final interface or not. I'll be giving it a try, the only issue I have (and this may not still be true), is that if you move to another IE version, you can't revert. That happened with the move from IE 7 to 8, and I'm not fond of it. I have a guinea pig friend whom I go to for testing out new apps. He is very critical of IE, yet loves IE 8. He'll give me the straight scoop I'm sure before I take the plunge.

4. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

is not the final interface but they will do the same as Google with a minimal window bars, they want the most viewing screen as possible and yes i will try it but only the final stable release so i need to wait until march or april at least.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Google Chrome FTW!!
    Oh well too much fanboyism :D

Now seriously, when they release it i will DEFINITELY download it, so when i use IE8 (Some sites compatibility etc.) it's faster, but i don't think i'll be replacing Chrome anytime soon :argh: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

6. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Of course I'll use it but not while in BETA

7. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I am not gonna use IE9 and so on ... I mostly rely on Mozilla Firefox and SRWare IRON ..

8. progress

progress Guest

But IRON is an outdated Google Chrome, take care :doubt:

9. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I know, and thanks for reminding me once again... But IRON is Sandboxed ..

Also my system is Default-Deny protected.. EMET 2.0 is also there. Last but not least, i mostly use Firefox. :)

10. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

No idea...honestly:p Let's see how things go but I doubt IE will ever take back the "default browser" crown on my PC...

11. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

I will definitely use IE 9, and hope that they still Improving on the security, but I will whait using IE9 until is has been out of beta for a time. ;)

Best Regards

12. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

No.

1 Microsoft won't lead use it with XP.
    2 I need IE only for security updates, so I'm not interested to his developments.

13. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

I will try it, but I do NOT expect IE9 to be so greatly improved that I return to it.
    I belong to the millions of users who ditched IE and have used another browser since the era of Netscape Navigator. :D

14. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I don't like the forced upgrade from XP.

After all, it's optimising use of hardware.

I understand that Chrome will be having hardware acceleration without the forced upgrade from XP to whatever.

15. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I haven't followed the platforms previews, so I don't know what will be new or not, but I do hope that Microsoft finally decides to make it possible to have different profiles!
    It makes me crazy not to see a browser allowing different profiles!

16. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

why people want to stick with XP forever? i know is a very good and stable but we have 7 now :D

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Not to derail this thread, but some just like it. I love Windows 7 performance, I hate everything else about it though. Yeah, I said that. Given enough time, a person can change their attitude about something.

@Mr PC: God how I loved Navigator :thumb:

18. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Back on topic I will be trying IE9 but I reserve IE9's use of the title "Default" till it comes out in non-beta form whenever that is. Microsoft has a habit of delaying the release of software.

19. progress

progress Guest

No - I will use FF :)

20. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

I am one of the minority who loved IE7. I cannot stand IE8 and if I could downgrade to 7 on Windows 7 I would do so. I have always also loved opera but totally skipped the version 9's all together and LOVE version 10.60 and 70 which I am using.

I think Opera is often overlooked and it is a browser that has lots of potential. I will give IE9 a chance of course because I do love the browser that is compatible with pretty much every site when it is final.

I am glad XP is cut from the compatibility. I think it is well time to move on. Windows 7 is by far the best of the best. I wish more people would give it a chance and let XP rest in peace. I hate to see Vista go before XP.. weird.

I love reading all the replies and I don't mind criticism.. we are all different so bring it on!

21. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I'll upgrade when I have to. I will probably only open IE9 in IE Tab in Chome/Iron anyway.

22. xandros

xandros Registered Member

internet explorer 9 when its not beta i will download it and some times i will use it , but i always use firefox & opera & wyzo & comebird

23. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

No I will not.

24. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I won't download the beta because Microsoft has enough bugs to contend with in the final releases, so why get more bugs voluntarily. If the statement that the toolbars will be minimal like Chrome is true, that will be a welcome change. The toolbars take up almost 25% of the screen in IE8.

25. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

i really think IE9 will surprise too many of us watch out FF fan boys lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.