Will you try Windows 7 beta?

Discussion in 'polls' started by HURST, Jan 9, 2009.

?

Will you install Win7 Beta?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2009.
  1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. Still thinking about it...

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Now that's available for everybody to intall and try, will you?

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmmm..... not yet available I think.

3. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

More available than before :p (1st public beta for a limited number of testers)

To answer the question ? yes in a VM

Regards,

MaB

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I mean the official/ legal general public availability.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Yup..it's nice...already released this week to MS partners and MSDN 'n resources like that. Can't wait for the full release, seems like it will not have the headaches Vista had going into existing business networks.

6. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I am curious why everyone seems to think that another rushed operating system is the answer to Vista's problems. Vista was a bloated piece of crap, and chances are version 7 will be too. They might as well call their next OS Vista SE. Rushing is never a good idea. No thank you, I'll stay with XP.

7. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Have read some good things about 7. Are they true? Time will tell.

It may very well be a renamed\further refined Vista. Done so to eliminate the bad press Vista has received. Will leave the beta alone but will be very curious upon RTM release.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Rushing is not the best way but I strongly suggest you first try Microsoft's Windows 7 beta before posting such (...) comments .

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No, it may be just what Vista should had been when it was launched.

10. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Gotta agree with HiTech_boy. I prefer to try something myself and use it long enough to form my own opinion instead of jumping to conclusions and/or falling into the trap of believing what you hear (instead of what you experience).

The above is why I've been running Vista HP on two of my computers for 1.5 years and am extremely happy with. In fact, I prefer Vista to XP. So, yes I will dual boot Vista and 7 and see what I think (regardless of what others say/post).

11. suliman

suliman Registered Member

Definitely. If Windows 7 is faster than vista 64, as everybody claim, then Windows 7 will blow me off my chair :)

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Installation wasn't much faster but it is definitely operating faster and it seems to require less than Vista x32. I am running x86 Win7.

I like the fact it automatically recognised most of my hardware without additional 3rd party drivers required .

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Micro is in the business of O/S's. If they can trump Opera, FF, and all the others in the browser department finally, only then can i in good conscience join in this celebration. Untill then anything Micro beta throws up a red flag for me, especially where concerns IE with the exception of IE6 as bland as it may be, is easily modernized with some imagination and attractive graphics.

Well, just my opinion on this.

14. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

And I agree with your opinion.
    As to IE6, I still use it and remains my favorite.

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

16. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

At this point I would certainly not buy a retail copy of Vista, and will wait to see what the upgrade options for Vista to W7 are before deciding what to do about W7.

17. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Your very welcome danny9

Let's see Vista top that and for that matter IE8 too. If a user wants tabs & super browser security for pity pete sakes, we got firefox!!!!! Who needs a strickly O/S maker trying to work way out of their element only to suffer more embarassment to their already questionable reputation. Right?

19. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm definitely gonna fire it up in a virtual machine and see if it lives up to the hype.

20. colinp

colinp Registered Member

Will I ever install win 7? probably the same answer I have for vista - not likely.
    However, I do have vista on a laptop that I bought. So, no, I won't go to the local comp shop and buy a "shrink-wrapped" copy, but if I ever buy a new computer that comes with it pre-installed?.....

Colin

21. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    First, it's not a rushed OS...it's on the standard 3 year OS product cycle. XP was unusual with its long lifespan, it's like Microsoft took a break. All other Windows releases were darned close to 3 years apart.

Read what people are saying about it. It's looking like Microsoft learned a bit from Vista..and is doing a much better job this time.

Many people at quite a few forums have been running the beta for a while now...and you know what? So far..they're loving it.

Performance wise..it's quicker than Vista.
    A regular at another forum I frequent even installed it on an old...OLD..Thinkpad T23 laptop. Yeah..just a humble mid-range Pentium III M. And...it runs quite acceptably...rather like XP would on it.

Running great, people are loving it....unlike Vista...remember Vistas beta? It was a slug.

If you don't have a spare hard drive, just go grab virtualbox (free)..it runs great in it.

22. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Using a VM effectively kills the fancy gfx features, which is what all OSs from MS are about from Vista and later.

23. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Whether Microsoft would admit it (or even realize that they are doing it in the first place), it appears from looking at the history of their releases and the subsequent adoption patterns by both the consumer and corporate install bases that they have implemented a little release/big release model, much like the periodic LTS (long term support) releases of Ubuntu. Of course, those are planned that way.

24. ArashBikaar

ArashBikaar Registered Member

am thinking to try it n MS Virual PC
    but i dont no if it'll work easily
    :blink:

25. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

It works rather well in VPC. I tried build 6956 and 7k in my VPC in 2008.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.