Will You Make Changes To Your Security Arsenal In 2010?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by shakethebabyass, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

Just wanting to know, will any of you guys be making any major changes in the programs you choose to protect your precious machine this year?

Has your current program made changes you do not like or have they been stuck in the year 2000 for way to long?!

~Realtime
    *Norton Internet Security 2010

~On Demand Malware Programs
    *Counterspy (deactivated realtime)
    *Spy Emergency (deactivated realtime)
    *Webroot SpySweeper (deactivated realtime)
    *Malwarebytes (free edition)

~Browser Protection (I use flock 2.5)
    *PC Tools Browser Defender

BONUS QUESTION: Do you know of any good betas going on right now? I love testing new software on my non production machine.
    I know of Norton 360v4 Webroot 2010 and Mcafee 2010.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Re: What Is Your Security For 2010?

You may want to check out DefenseWall 3.0 at http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97701&st=0&start=0 32-bit only though.

3. icr

icr Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Since there is another thread devoted entirely to present setups, I propose a re-phrasing of the topic. Perhaps along the lines of "What security changes, if any, will you make for the new year?" ? It would be interesting to see if everyone is happy with the direction their current favorites are taking, and, if anyone is going to try to perhaps learn something they either didn't want to or couldn't quite get to in the past year.

To stay on-topic though, my current setup follows:

Sandboxie

Avast 5 Beta.

With the exception of browser teaks/addons, that's my security in its entirety, two little programs :) Could I do better? Sure, I'd say I could. But, knock on wood, after lots of P2P, surfing "bad areas" and just general meandering around the Internet, no actual infections to speak of in at the very least a couple of years.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

for me is defensewall personal firewall v3 beta and sandboxie:)

6. IBadget

IBadget Registered Member

For me on the desktop PC, I will be using Comodo Internet Security 4 when it becomes final.

7. korben

korben Registered Member

I'ma try linux mint.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not likely.

9. Montecristo

Montecristo Registered Member

No plans to change my set-up. Same set-up for 3 years running.

10. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I considered looking at GMER or some type of Trojan hunter app but eventually I've decided to stick with what I've got. In fact I recently uninstalled MBAM after 13 months. I get McAfee NetProtect Plus free with my ISP, I have a hardware firewall, Windows Defender, SpywareBlaster & SUPERAntiSpyware. Plus I use safe browsers (Opera, K-Meleon & SRWare Iron). Most importantly I use BRAIN.EXE! I think I'll be OK. :cool:

11. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I plan on making some changes. I plan on adding an antimalware this week and updating it and scanning with it once a week.

12. gery

gery Registered Member

i already did twice these days. i had AVG AV paid and PCTOOLS FW free plus MBAM and SAS free
    then i switched to ZONEALARM SUITE and TROJAN HUNTER
    PCTOOLS IS removed it too soon it was bloated
    KIS 2010
    now i am using NIS 2010 and T, HUNTER
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

13. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

On my systems I'll be using a combination of:

CIS v4
    Avira 10 Premium
    A2AM v5
    Sandboxie v3.x
    Hitman Pro
    Prevx

I'll just mix and match between that lot.

14. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I am a free software junky so the chance I will change some software is pretty high.

I have two machines and I am now trying Linux Mint dual boot with XP on the one I just built. On this XP I am going with just my router firewall (set to High) and DefenseWall HIPS.

On my older machine I am using Outpost Free and Panda Cloud, and I use Sandboxie for browsers and media players.

Both machines boot up very quickly and probably protect me more than I need, especially when using Sandboxie. (I also use Firefox with WOT and NoScript)

I don't know what it will take to make me change anything except that possibly I may rely more on DefenseWall HIPS and forget Sandboxie. I need to study this a bit but I expect that DefenseWall HIPS provides enough protection without Sandboxie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.