Will write access to HFS function be added?

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by TechHarmony, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechHarmony

TechHarmony Registered Member

Hi,

I've just seen the info on new Paragon HFS for Windows, being included in their NTFS for Mac product. Looks good.
    Currently, HFS for Windows is described as read/browse only.

Will a future version release add the important ability to WRITE to HFS volumes? (Similar to how MacDrive allows read and write access to HFS from a Windows machine)

Thx!

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

It's entirely possible on the road map. HFS support for Windows is fairly new and I'm sure we'll work hard to make the product as complete as possible. We'll keep you posted about new releases. Thank you for your interest.

3. dandersahn

dandersahn Registered Member

I agree that write access is the most critical missing feature. The wording on the product page is a little confusing because in one place it says...

"Paragon HFS for Windows is designed to provide full (read and write) access to HFS+ partitions."

But then goes on to say that it provides read only access.

As it stands right now, does the Paragon HFS driver have any advantage over the driver that is provided by the current version of Boot Camp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.