Will True Image save your bacon?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fishmaster, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishmaster

fishmaster Registered Member

Well what can I say. Depending on the platform or hardware. You may have a 50-50 chance. Although TI has been somewhat beneficial at times to me on me desktop. My laptop has been a different story. Particularly when it deals with using a USB drive. How many folks upgraded to the new version 10? Its suppose to do a whole lot more cool things. Its real simple. Bottom line if one advertises about certain functions and enhancements. Then they should &%#$ work. If they only work part of the time on only certain 'ideal' conditions then that is a half truth or false advertising. Put it simply... a lie. What really ticks me off is that one 'buys' a product based on claims & is to suppose to save a considerable amount of time (when it works right) ends up costing MORE %$&^* time. Not to mention the aggravation. Did I mention that MY TIME IS WORTH SOMETHING TOO!! I get so fed up with marketing lies & schemes. Just tell the ^()%$% truth. ALL OF IT. A half truth is a WHOLE lie... Enhance this users experience ,,!,,
    Not a happy camper with software companies consistent false claims and half functioning products.
    TI has cost me more bacon in time and aggravation not to mention the money to buy it.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Explain, please. You can get excellent help in this forum for the majority of problems with TI.

3. Andrej

Andrej Registered Member

4. seething

seething Registered Member

I've been making images to a WD external usb drive for the past year. Never had to use it so i didn't really have confidence that it would work.

Yesterday i wanted to try a transformation pack, so i made a full image to my usb drive. Having more confidence in Goback, i installed that because it saved me so many times i knew it would work.

Upon rebooting i blue screened with a irq not less or equal whatever. I could only get in the OS in safe mode, and couldn't uninstall Goback in safe mode, i was screwed.

Booted off the TI rescue disk and restored my image from yesterday, it worked flawlessly. I know my system is almost bulletproof now, and no i will not upgrade from TI 8. Absolutely no reason to. It works and thats all that matters.

TI saved my bacon this morning.

5. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Have you raised a trouble ticket (support call) with Acronis? I have for my problem and ATI are working towards a resolution. I have a temporary work around for my issue anyway (Bart PE disk with Acronis plugin for recovery purposes).

Phasechange

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The fact that you cannot get TI to work and the general moaning nature of your post says more about you than anything specific with about Acronis.

Xpilot

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes, Fishmaster it will save your bacon. It just saved my bacon on my desktop this morning and also enabled me to install a new larger harddrive in my laptop last week. In both cases TI V9.0 B3677 performed flawlessly for me. The issue of external drive support in the Linux based rescue environment is well known and easily solvable by using BartPE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ with one of Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/. Acronis even supplies its own plugin for BartPE. BartPe is a windows based environment so drivers are not much of an issue. Linux drivers for external drives are not usually optimized for performance and Acronis has to keep updating their drivers every time new hardware comes along. Its a lot easier to operate in a windows environment for me. My times probably not as important as yours but instead of complaining I took an alternate approach to the Rescue environment.:) YMMV. Oh, its the best 29.99 I ever spent (download from Newegg.com).

8. cmar

cmar Registered Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I can use TI 10 to create backups to external media from a Dell 8300 and a Dell XPS 410 but have no way to recover the backups. There is no way to create a bootable media and though I can create a Secure Zone, there seems no way to use it.
    So TI may work with some systems but not with others.

9. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

External HDDs sometimes have a problem here and there. I prefer networked storage and/or HDDs in removable bays

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fishmaster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

If you could provide us with some additional information and describe the issue you have experienced in more details we will be able to investigate it thoroughly and provide you with a possible solution.

- What exactly did you try to perform?

- Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows?

- Did you received any error messages?

I may assume that you have problems with using external USB hard drive when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. If this is the case please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the above workaround does not help, please Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information. Then follow phasechange advice and Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.