Will this combo work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HiDef, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiDef

HiDef Guest

Hello all,

I was interested to know if this combination has been confirmed to work well with Acronis True Image 8.0:

I want to image a 120GB Seagate internal hard drive to an 120GB Seagate external hard drive (internal hard drive in a hard drive enclosure that connects using USB 2.0). I have Windows XP with SP1 (SP2 would cause too many programs to become incompatible). Is this combination likely to work well?

Thanks for any info.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

The Seagate will not be the problem. If any, it will be the USB-to-ATA controller/converter in the enclosure that will cause problems.

3. HiDef

HiDef Guest

What kind of problems could there be with the USB-to-ATA controller/converter? Would there be data corruption or something? Are there alternative ways to use an internal hard drive externally?

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hi HiDef - I am probably the wrong person to ask because I do not have any problems. There is a large thread (3-4 pages) somewhere with reports from various posters on which enclosures works, and which do not. But since I do not have any problems, I did not follow the discussion closely. I seem to remember that some NEC controller always produced good results... Look it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.