Will this be a problem? - Two trial versions running, registered to different emails

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by IzzyS, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IzzyS

IzzyS Registered Member

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, im just wanting to check quickly whether this will be a potential problem... I decided after some research, that this program seems to be the best to go for, so once the McAfee trial I got with my new laptop ran out, I registered for a trial of this program (Nod32 antivirus), which has started a few days ago. Now my dad (we both live in the same house) uses my old laptop which has also ran out of its antivirus program, so he asked me what I was using and I told him Eset Nod32.

Anyway, the plan is that after the trial is over, I'd like to purchase the full version of the program/software for a year, with two licenses, so that it can be used on my laptop and on my dads laptop. However, my dad isn't sure if its going to work because we've both signed up for the trial and he signed up with his email address and I signed up for my trial with a different email address ie. mine...

I thought this should be fine as I presume when I purchase the 2 license program, they'll just send me the 2 license codes which can only be activated once on a computer and then their not valid, so whether the trial version is registered to a different email address shouldn't be relevant...

Am I right? should it be ok for me to purchase a years worth of the program with 2 licenses and it can be used on my dads laptop, even though he registered separately for the trial version? I'd just like this clarified, thats all. Thank you in advance for any replies :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Nobody cares about the email(s) you have registered . When you purchase the software , you'll pay for it and then you'll provide a valid email where the license details can be send , however as for the trial , it really doesn't matter . Don't worry and enjoy your trial .

You may also try ESET Smart Security - http://www.eset.eu/produkts/eset-smart-security , if you decide you need all-in-one protection

One license (username/password) valid for two computers . You and your father can use the same license . If you get a serial number code (e.g. box version) , then the activation serial number is activated once only but it generates the real license (username/password) , which can be activated more than once . ESET doesn't count the the times you have downloaded/reinstalled your product .

3. IzzyS

IzzyS Registered Member

I don't think we need the full security suite, we already have a firewall built into the home network, with the router we use and the Windows firewall and other than the firewall, I don't think there's much extra provided with the smart security program.

So your saying that one license can be legally installed and used on two computers at the same time? how do they ensure that people don't just pay for one license and then install the program on lots of other computers then, if thats not too stupid a question? well thats good to know, if it works :)

Thanks for the reply/info.! :)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am saying that "one license can be legally installed and used on two computers at the same time" *ONLY IF* you have paid the price for two machines and *ONLY IF* the license was issued to support two computers . If it was issued for 5 computers (for example) it will support up to 5 computers .

With no details provided , they can . At least NOD32 connects to their update servers and it is close to mind that if you will be using a license issues for 1 PC only , they are supposed to detect it is used on more than one machine , especially when these more than one computers are online (to update their NOD32 software) . In case of misuse , the license can easily be cancelled.

You are welcome .

5. IzzyS

IzzyS Registered Member

Ah ok, sorry I got the wrong end of the stick there (as they say), I thought you were meaning a single user license could cover both machines, thus saving me money. Oh well, it was a nice thought lol sorry for the mixup, thanks for the clarification

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The license for two computers does include a discount from the single price . E.g. the price for two computers is not the price for one multiplicated twice (at least in most parts of the world , I don't know where are you from)

You are welcome ! Enjoy your trial ! :thumb:

7. IzzyS

IzzyS Registered Member

Thats true, the 2nd license is half the price of the first I believe, though it was a while ago I checked the prices. I live in the UK... ok I checked and yeah its £29.95 for one license for a year, or £39.95 for two licenses, so its not too bad. My dad says he'll pay half the price of the whole package, so its not a bad deal for me :D

Thanks again!

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.