Will the Monitor Rule in Control Active Proc Work with shields off?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by GrammatonCleric, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I can't play BF3 in Origin with REalTime Shields on it starts BF3 but it freezes at Loading game (Joining Server).
    However if I take all shields off then it works, however I have it set to MONITOR PunkBuster etc, will the monitor Rules in Control Active Proc still apply with all shields off?
    Like Realtime, Behavioral, Web, Core off?

What does Monitor do? Will it confire PunkBuster from acting like a rootkit since I don't trust it. It has screenshot capability.

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

shame WSA does not have an exclude option for folders or drives..

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

PunkBuster and similar tools are about as invasive as you can get with software. It may be worth seeing which shield in particular is causing it to not load so that we can take a look at improving compatibility with it. You will need to leave the shields enabled for threats to be blocked even if under Monitor.

4. PrevxHelp

There is no exclude option for security reasons, but you can override specific files in PC Security - Quarantine - Detection Configuration or System Tools - System Control - Active Processes.

5. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I manged to get it working with Core Down and Firewall down, however both the BF3 and PNKBSTRA had to be placed in Monitor phase.

What does MONITOR exactly do? Does it isolate the monitor programs form the system? So if I go banking it won't take screenshots of my bank site or it won't infect the systems folder?

6. PrevxHelp

Monitor provides additional protection by tracking changes made by processes. What you're referring to for screen grabbing protection is under Identity Shield's list of protected applications. Processes can be added under Deny there to block them from accessing screen contents.

7. m0unds

m0unds Guest

the more you mess with and constrict the operation of punkbuster, the more it'll misbehave and the more issues you'll have with it. that's always been the case. it's an awful anticheat platform.

that being said, with WRSA on my box (default configuration), i've had zero bf3/punkbuster issues since launch.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I haven't had issues either, which is strange, as Punkbuster is absolutely terrible in combination with security software. With WRSA it seems to work flawlessly though.

9. fax

fax Registered Member

If of any help, same here no issue with Punkbuster :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.