Will TDS-3 still be supported when TDS-4 comes out?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Ghost, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Guest

With updates? Answers to questions and help with problems?

I ask because there're probably a lot of people who are going to sit back and wait a good while before upgrading.

Thanks.

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Why would you want to keep TDS-3 when free update to TDS-4 is included ?
    And it will be a superior product to an already outstanding one ! ;)

3. Ghost

Ghost Guest

Probably because

(a) regardless of the amount of in-house testing, problems are going to be un-covered when the new program goes public, given the literally millions of combinations of hardware/software that will be encountered. Just take a look at the number of changes that were necessary when Port Explorer came out, for example.

(b) some people may just not like the new TDS-4 and prefer to stick with what they're accustomed to and what has been working excellently for them.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Ghost,

Your questions can only be answered by the software designers. Taking time zone differences into account, I'm convinced DCS will address your questions ;).

regards.

paul

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

I can understand ghost's point of view, a lot of people do not like change.
    ...and I must say I am one of them who hate to change things if they are working fine in the first place.

However, having said that, being an avid lover of TDS3 and the forums, and seeing what can be done and the promise of more to come, let me assure you I will be one of the FIRST to download and install the FREE upgrade to TDS4.

Simply because I ~*know*~ help is just a few keyboard strokes away.

The DiamondCS team are the only ones [besides javacool] that FREQUENTLY visit the boards and help people. This reputation alone is reference enough for me to upgrade as quick as you can say "download".

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

will what i would do if i was you is get the last very last update of tds-3 when it comes out back up your tds-3 and licence and ver7y last update and keep useing it just never update it algain cause it not suported.

see tds-3 covers almost i think 5x the amount of trojans and varints then any other anti trojan software out there so it be awhile befor any other software will cover that amount

so id keep useing it to the other ones catch up if there data base becomes biger then tds-3 then its time to move on to tds-4 lol

some just dont like change i to want to wait and see if it newby frindly

7. Tassie_Devils

MRBLAZE:

Well you then have a Catch22 situation then don't you. :)

I mean you say you won't download TDS4 and keep using TDS3 with back-ups until you are sure it "newby friendly".

BUT the only way to see if it's "newby friendly" would be to download / install / use / test first. And if it's not [to your satisfaction], then what.
    You already have it.

Oh the pain. Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! lol

8. Ghost

Ghost Guest

Still waiting for some "official" word in response to my original question........

9. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow Registered Member

Personally, I never wait when a new update comes out, yank the old and plug-in the new. Hell, I have to hold myself from the betas.

Here is a feature I think TDS-4 should have (clue me in if it is in TDS-3 and I missed it) but I would like to see it be able to reduce to just a systray icon until either needed or going into alert/alarm. Having to keep it as a full app on the taskbar is annoying and crowded with all my security apps.

10. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Since Tassie_Devils has answered the question in the wormguard thread with an attachment also, I will remove this one. :D

Have a safe holiday season everyone.

11. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

We will be supporting TDS3 Professional until the release of TDS4 Professional, at which time support (from us at least) will cease - you'll still easily be able to get support from this Wilders forum and also the private DCS forum if other members reply to your questions as I'm sure they would, but as we're giving all licensed TDS3 users a free license to TDS4, there'd be no need for you to stay with TDS3 -- we wouldn't release TDS4 if it wasn't an improvement ... :)
    After the release of TDS4 Pro, you're free to use TDS3 for as long as you like, but we won't be releasing any database updates for it as we'll be devoting all of our energy and time to TDS4 -- there's only so long older programs can be supported as they take time away from the newer, better software. However, I assure you - if you like TDS3, you'll love TDS4!

Best regards,
    Wayne

12. Tassie_Devils

ooops! lol Vietnam vet:

I saw a similiar post of Luthorcrow's in Wormguard and posted virtually the exact same reply for minimising TDS to sys tray. Sorry to both for double solution. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.