will not write to my DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Paulrod, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulrod

Paulrod Registered Member

I have true image 8 with the latest downloads.
    I try make a complete image of my hard drive and use the option to save
    to DVD drive into a DVD burner. I put my DVD in and wait for it to write the image and but l I get a error message " E00070004: Failed to write data to the image archive. A possible reason might be poor meida quality."
    It will work if I use a palin CD R but if I try to use a DVD R I that message.

I have new DVD burner and new DVD R disk but it will not write to DVD.
    Got any ideas on what I can do to get it to make it save a backup image to
    DVD R.

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

3. Paulrod

I not trying to make a bootable DVD and
    I not in that section or Acronis true image 8.
    Let me explain better where I am and what I trying to do.
    In the Acronis True image Go to tools and in Tools
    There is a place to Create Image. I click on create image
    that what I trying to do and. I trying to create a image and save it to DVD R.

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

You cannot burn an image directly to DVD in TI. That option is not supported yet. You'll have to use a third party burning app to do that. But unless you want to have to discs, one for your image and one for TI, you'll need to create a bootable disc.

5. Paulrod

Well TI will support buring to DVD this is going to be pretty hard to save a image such a copy of your hard drive 25 G to a DVD. So I guess just take back my DVD burner. Forget even trying to something like this.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The following link is for TI 9, I don't know if applies to TI 8.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=122894&highlight=dvd

You can also create an image with V8 on another logical drive or physical drive and then use Nero, Roxio or whatever to burn the files to DVD just like any other data file. This is the so-called 2-step method and it is the method I prefer for burning DVDs. You can gain a degree of security with this method by enabling the burning programs Verify option to ensure the burn was good.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Paulrod,

Even using third-party UDF packet writing software, there is no way that you can image "direct" to DVD-R media. Also, unless you are using Roxio's Drag-to-Disk packet writer, you wont be able to image "direct" to DVD+R either and will need to use DVD+/-Rewritable disks. Please read this previous reply of mine for more details on how to save images to DVD.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.