Will license be valid after OS reinstallation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bhabani, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhabani

bhabani Registered Member

Hello everybody,

My name is Bhabani and I am frm India, last week me and my friend bought Smart Security4 1yr-3 user license. I have doubt about the 3 license. My query is as follows:
    When we register the product, we have been given with a username and password. We have already installed the product in 2 pcs. but I am wondering. How Eset manages the license for multiuser. The scenario is, within the 1 yr if I reinstall operating system in any one of the 3 PCs, and try to install Smart Security, then will it accept the username password which I already have with me while purchse.
    In a nutshell, the username-password (that is given after license purchase), will be valid irrespective of OS reinstallations

I appologize if any thread related to my query exists, and request to send me the link(s) for that thread(s).

thanks in advance,
    Bhabani Sankar

2. kocak_gober

kocak_gober Registered Member

hello.

The username and password will be valid after reinstallation OS.:)

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Well, speaking for me, I have used my actual license with Vista Ultimate, 7 Ultimate 32bits and 7 Ultimate 64bits (once per installation on the same machine) and never had issues so I guess the license is valid for use no matter where it is installed or for how long, during the 1 year period that you have bought.

So I wouldn't worry. Smart Security will accept the username/password that was once given to you for the whole year every time you install it as long as you don't break the 3 licenses -meaning using it on more than 3 machines at the same time-.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.