Will I benefit from Process Lasso on my high end laptop?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Re: Will I benefit from Process Laso on my high end laptop?

There's some truth to that, but I can't afford a new laptop right now :cautious:

2. guest

guest Guest

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2122749&postcount=101

As I said before: ProcessLasso is not only ProBalance! Just one of many useful features is configuring "disallowed processes" where you can enter unwanted processes that should be always immediately killed when trying to run. Let's see in the screenshot what I have configured since a long time and compare it with the text-quote above. :cool:

And a bit off-topic here: YES, I was outraged when I saw Avira wants to implement their horrible toolbar now even on systems of paying (suite) customers (not mine, I am using right now only WRSA). Sure you can uncheck that unwanted ask-junk during installation but many people won't do because they don't know it better.

Well, on my system it would be killed by PL I guess should I decide to install Avira some day for testing etc. - So bad luck Avira infecting me with crappy toolbars. :p (And yes, you have also to check the firewall rules for other crap they want to let through by default!)

Attached Files:

3. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Is this program free or paid version is better?
    I'd like a program that can set "steam.exe" in lowest priority by default...

4. guest

guest Guest

Would be very strange if the free version were better, right? :D

If you want to know the differences between Process Lasso paid and free you could take a look here.

That should be possible with PL but I don't have or know "steam.exe" so you have to try it.
    If it doesn't work and you think it should just ask the author

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

You can set process priority within the task manager.!
    I didnt realise there was a free version.(probably limited).

Disallowed processes.?...again this can be done manually via the task manager.
    Seems strange there would be processes running that need disallowing!:eek:
    Im sorry but i fail to see anything in this program that i cant do manually myself.
    Regards.:thumb:

6. guest

guest Guest

Of course you can. But does it stay after reboot? - If this should not be the case, PL will help you with that (while running of course).

Well, you don't seem to realize very much in general. :rolleyes: - "Probably limited" means that you didn't even care to open that link.

And how do you do that? - You mean manually "killing" processes? That's a different thing as you might not even know that a process is running that you don't want to.

To me it seems strange that you like posting all the time without even care to read or understand what it is about you are "answering"!? - The word troll is quite accurate I guess. :D

I showed you in a picture examples of what could be disallowed to run.

I am sorry too. For you and your constant failings. :D

7. The Red Moon

Its called being objective.
    If i dont praise the product like a blind fanboy then im accused of being a troll?:eek:

I must apologise but i dont quite see things the way you do.
    Anyway i dont feel this is a product that most users will need.
    Comodo killswitch is free and that also can be used to control processes.

Anyway what is the objective of controlling processes.
    Its best just to leave windows as it is when you purchase instead of tweaking(tampering).
    Just because i have a difference of opinion on a product does not mean i am a troll and i resent the accusation.
    Regards.:thumb:

8. guest

guest Guest

No. It's called being a moron, sorry. :rolleyes: - You have a very strong opinion. All the time. Often - as you said before! - just because you have READ something! :rolleyes: Not because you have own experience, knowledge verified by yourself or any understanding of the matter at all.o_O

And that stupid (objective is not the right word here!) opinion you do defend even if you risk to look always as the total fool that you obviously are. - You seem to like that, so by any means continue. :D

No. You are a troll because a human being couldn't be as dense as you try to make us believe you are. Also you show any other sign you identify a troll.

No you don't. - You have a right to let all others know that you have no clue at all. :thumb: Maybe you are a musician, but you have no knowledge at all regarding computers from what I have read. What you blabber about are all things you read (probably) here on that very same forum. I remember you from the start asking one dumb question after another. :rolleyes:

If you really are that dense .. well then my apologies and my condolence!

Who cares what you feel?!? See. That is the problem. You always/often have opinions noone ever asked for. I try to answer people with real questions, try to help them. You want to defend your (mostly stupid) opinion, making troll business. That is very annoying, especially you mislead people all the time.

So are you then a fanboy of Commodo? :D

Minutes ago you talked about how taskmanager could all do that. Now you come up with some other software. - And as you may have forgotten already because you fail to realize anything - PL is also free.

See. You don't have a clue. And since you are too dense to get anything (or maybe just playing troll) I won't waste my time with you on that, sorry.

Yeah!!! :argh: That's what you have read (here on this forum somewhere) and which is now your mantra.:rolleyes: Whereever it belongs (or not, like regarding PL!) you will utter this nonsense again and again and feel great doing it, being part of the community. You think.

If it weren't so sad I could ROFL right now!

No. The thing is: you clearly have no own opinion! Not based on any facts. Based only on things you once READ and TOOK as a fact! - You can resent what you want. Everyone sees that your are either a (bad) troll or really dumb. Choose whatever you like. :D

And well, I am not a fanboy of ANY software! Fanboy means you defend that because it is your whole world (apple people come to mind) and no matter what the facts are: the thing is "god".

What I don't like are people like you who are telling total utter nonsense about software that really is cool and useful, just because they can and everbody is letting them. - Criticize software (not in general but in detail!) as much as you want and bring real arguments that you get while using something (no, not drugs please! :D ) on your own, if you are not talking BS then I might even support you in that! - But if you are simply trolling around like you do, be prepared to get dismantled all the time. :D

9. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Thank you for the link. I'll try it out when I get home.

10. The Red Moon

WOW what a mindless rant that was.
    Hope your ego is feeling better now.lol!!!!
    Must be great being so superior as you.
    A difference of opinion to yours and you go into a fit of ranting.WOW.!!!
    You really have got the fanboy bug havent you.
    Best of luck to you in your endeavours in life..lol:ninja:

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I suggest you install Process Lasso and try it out.

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Will I benefit from Process Laso on my high end laptop?

That's the bitter Truth...;)

13. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I thought I might as well list these here for those who have doubts or misconceptions on what Process Lasso does..

http://bitsum.com/docs/pl/faq.htm

http://bitsum.com/about_probalance.php

Why didn't Microsoft design the Windows CPU Scheduler 'just right' and handle these high load scenarios better? [for skeptics]

You can also find Research and links (external and internal)
    http://bitsum.com/about_probalance.php#links

I particularly found the links to Linux scheduler interesting.

Inside the Linux scheduler:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-scheduler/

The Linux Process Scheduler:
    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=101760

If you ask me, the author/developer of Process Lasso, Jeremy Collake knows his stuff. You can read more technical details on the following links:

http://processpriority.com/
    http://bitsum.com/pl_when_cpu_affinity_matters.php
    http://bitsum.com/about_turbocore_turboboost.php
    http://bitsum.com/pl_io_priority.php
    http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

14. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Something people who are evaluating Process Lasso can try is opening the UI to the "active processes" tab and also observing the the "actions log". This shows the adjustments Process Lasso is making in real time and can make it easier to see the effect on applications.

15. guest

guest Guest

Thanks, and happy birthday to you! :cool: - We will see if 1810 is a good year for you and all of us, Ludwig. :D (12/21 approaching and such things). :)

16. The Red Moon

Well thank you for the birthday wishes my german friend.
    Best wishes to you.:thumb:

17. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i have a problem with latest process lasso .
    Its main window is opened every time at startupo_O

18. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Me too, and attempting to change this using the Options\General Settings\Reconfigure the way Process Lasso starts option does not seem to help. :(

Hopefully JC will spot this and investigate. :D

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Addressed in the latest release 6.0.1.52

20. Baldrick

Thanks for the heads up, Victek. Just checked for updates and got hold of it. :D

21. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

problem solved with the new version:thumb:

22. Baldrick

Can confirm...:thumb:

23. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

One should just run Process Lasso with the default configuration - it doesn't speed up a computer but it does allocate various processes more efficiently than Windows does so you'll see considerable improvement in how it runs. The free version is more sufficient for most people. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.