Will B&R 2014 be able to restore 2013 B&R backups?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by msoucy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. msoucy

msoucy Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using 2012/13 b&r Free for a while and haven't installed it yet (recently purchased). Hoping I don't have any issues recovering files/image from this version to the new full blown version (as well as being able to do an image restore to new hardware from existing 2013 image version. I didn't see any thread on this just yet.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. skulldrinker

skulldrinker Registered Member

I have ran into problems once or twice when restoring with a different year. I'm not sure if it was my fault or what. Those couple of times I was able to restore successfully when I used the same year restore disk from when the archive year was created. I had to reinstall the old program and make a restore disk at the time. I now keep a restore boot disk from each year upgrade just in case. I'm sure it is all supposed to be backward compatible but having a few extra CD's from past years takes up no room at all. I also make duplicates on DVD's and CD's. I never know if the laptop I am working on is so old that is only reads CD's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.