Will Ad Muncher v 5.0 be released in 2014?

Discussion in 'polls' started by acr1965, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Will Ad Muncher v 5.0 be released in 2014?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    81.9%
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Agreed. But many, many users do use Internet Explorer 11. Extensions to IE11 aren't as flexible so they're in need for AM to sort their things out. Luckily there are alternatives like AdFender or AdGuard these days.

2. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Oh no getting involved with Firewalls and AV's why?...To me it seems he dont even have time to work on AM and now he want to get even more work that needs to be done. He should focus on AM and get back on track and keep improving it! And not get involved with an AV that may end up following the AM development scheme...

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It need not necessarily mean that Murray will add a Firewall and AV. It could be a hint that he is gonna to sell AM to a security company (ESET, Symantec or so). However I think that he already missed the best time to sell AM. Anyway I don't care about AM and Murray anymore.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Maybe, but then he should have done that a long time ago already. Perhaps he wants to add more to AM in a way to get new users that want more than just an ad-blocker. But AM users will surely feel that it ony adds bloat to a tiny effective (was before) product. Or he aim to launch AM Pro with additional features.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

So I'm guessing the free version is not yet released? I noticed the AM site is still asking people to pay for a license.

7. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

yeah, once again AM is not standing up to the promises. what a shock...

8. mufofalaxius

mufofalaxius Registered Member

To treat good paying customers with the contempt they have is absolutely disgusting. They obviously do not care about Admuncher and have not for a very long time. You ask a reasonable question in the forum and you get your head bitten off by believe it or not "The Developer". If they sold 100,000 copies then they should well be able to afford to develop and write 5.0 and not insult and bribe there customer base asking money for 5.0. 79$ is a outrageous price for a adblocker when they are more capable feature rich adblockers for the quarter of price free.

They have come stuck because it's not part of the browser so that is the whole flaw with the program. A adblocker should be inside the browser to begin with. The software is totally out of date with today's times.

I found Admuncher blocked some ads on a certain webpage but left one appearing where as Adguard chrome extension blocked all and it also blocked all the ads on www.yahoo.co.uk which is a SSL encrypted site(https). Adguard main software(not the extensions) didn't block as effectively as the extensions.

There is plenty of other very capable adblockers around i suggest you use AdGuard and ublock for a happy browsing experience.

9. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I absolutely agree with this. Admuncher's statement earlier this summer is a scam. I have bought 3 lifetime licenses a couple of years back and that is the biggest regret in my digital life!

As to alternatives, Adguard main software is great, although a bit heavy. It's perfect for IE 11 which does not support adblocker extensions in the same way Chrome and Firefox do. µBlock extention rocks!

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Foolish smile of Murray and his wife in this post speaks for itself ... our thanks to all paying customers for your money, we thrive well and don't forget to buy even more licenses before Ad Muncher goes free what won't happen earlier than we can afford a yacht, jet plane and so on ...

11. mufofalaxius

It's all cloak and dagger.

They announce in June it's soon to be free and it's now September.

If there was any evidence of 5.0 there would of been one screenshot at least, that would make good business sense.

The thing hasn't even been written and even if it was...

There reputation is now in bigger tatters, because by putting a announcement on the blog that there current version is free this year, they still continue charging for it 3 months after the announcment.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  12. ProTruckDriver

Yes sir, Murray and his spouse are laughing their way to the bank with our money. If Murray has time as in the picture, then he has time to post on the Ad Muncher Forum, which he hasn't. His last post was June 5th. The Free version and Version 5 of Ad Muncher being developed is like beating a dead horse. Count your money that you paid for Ad Muncher at a lose. Even if Version 5 did come out, I wouldn't pay for it because of how this company treats it's paying customers. I have been putting in bad reviews of Ad Muncher about the lack of development of version 5 and dishonesty of the company. (This is about the only thing a paying customer can do, warn other people before paying for this software). I'm happy with Adguard, they listen and treat their customers right.

13. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@shadek
    Exactly the same here I bought 3 lifetime licenses.
    Rather than vent my anger though I have moved on with Adguard several months ago
    I really hope threads like these send out the message that this is a company no one should do any further business with :mad:

14. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Another happy camper with Adguard here. :) Ad Muncher is the closed chapter for me, though that doesn't mean that I'm not angry when I see Murray's face. :cautious:

15. mufofalaxius

It takes less than an hour to remove registration code and recompile it. No trouble for the author who programs in assembler.

The final curtain will be after the fund raising emails for 5.0 and buying the yacht, we didn't have enough funds to do 5.0.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  16. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

He's completely discredited himself now....Its a shame Softpedia who were also duped into making an editorial announcement about the impending release of Ad Muncher free haven't done a follow up exposing the ruse.

17. LaRock0wns

LaRock0wns Registered Member

The free version is coming..... I'm messing with the beta now (see below). Unsure when it will be released/available to the public.

Statistics for Ad Muncher v4.94.34115/5532 Beta (Free)
    Adverts removed: 845,374
    Bandwidth saved: 24,887 MB
    Counter started: June 2, 2013

18. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I wouldn't touch the free version now with a 10 ft pole.

19. Countryboy15

Countryboy15 Registered Member

That free version has been coming for some time now, just like 5.0.

20. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

21. ProTruckDriver

Does it work on Https?

22. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

not yet. this is the first step. the transition to free.

23. WebRat

WebRat Registered Member

The topic is about V5, not a 2.5 year old version that is super outdated.

24. ProTruckDriver

If it took this long to make AM free, I wonder how long it's going to take for version 5. :eek:
    Hurry up, I'm 64 years old. I'd like to see it before my 70th birthday! :argh: :argh: :argh:
    I'll stay with Adguard. :thumb:

25. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Went to update today and had a free beta update for the free one he is comming out with.

I did not do the beta update for the free one.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.