Wildman

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Your right Wildman,exercise I think is important.I am active most of the time although I have no exercise program,so to speak.I need to start walking again,did it for years about 3 miles every day and loved it,but I've sorta fell by the wayside the past year.Well,I succeeded the first day :D only 2000 calories-maybe it'll get easier.I'm also trying to eat better within those calories.I only had one donut yesterday-no more sweets but that took 300 of my precious calories!If I had alot of weight to lose I'd see a dr.but since it's so little and I'm trying to eat better also I probaly wont, but your right about that also--congrats on your success wildman!!

2. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D The wildman is starting to kind of like the tread mill thing. Have encountered a variety of individuals, from the young (teen agers) to the senior citizen crowd (oldest thus far has been 93). Some times the place is somewhat crowded, and others almost deserted. Have also noticed there are a few regulars. I must admit however, that it takes time to get back into the exercise routine, when one has been away from it. The old guy wanted the wildman to lift weights, wish I could, but the vision thing makes it far to dangerous to attempt, looking down is one of them no no positions. For those who can, it may be a fun thing to exercise together, as the old guy told me the important thing is to just do it.

Thanks
    wildman
    ;) :p

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Wildman, ;)

I'll ring in with some general advice that may help.

Don't use salt. Avoid any pre-packaged foods as they contain usually tons of salt (you'd be surprised by how much water weight the body can hold); it also wise to avoid these pre-packaged goods as they usually have a pretty high Fat-Content. Canned Soup is really high in salt, if you like soup, make your broth from scratch, it's really quite easy -or- if you want to use a store bought "broth" buy the sodium reduced product, which is 25% less, but still really high, so dilute it with water at least 3:1.

Avoid Sugar. Look for safer alternatives like "Splenda" which is a non-nutritive sweeter (no calories), which tastes just like sugar, I swear by it. Even some Pop manufactures are switching to it for their "diet" versions, Pepsi's Diet Crush as an example.

Low Fat Naturally. ;) ... But watch out for low fat products, as they usually replace the Flavour that Fat provides, by using a ton more Sugar. Always read the label. If you use oil at all for cooking, switch to Olive Oil, which is the healthiest of the bunch. 1 gram of Fat = 9 calories, always do the math on pre-packaged foods to figure out the % of Calories from Fat.

Lower Carb Carbs are complex sugars, they are the storage vehicle for plants, the same as the Human Body converts excess Sugar to Fat. Carbs are broken down my the body to be digested, the main component is Sugar.

Eat Often Eat smaller portions, and eat regularly thru the day. Four hour intervals are best. This will help regulate your insulin levels, as eating smaller portions and avoiding added sugars will keep your glycaemic Index down, that way your body won't convert excesses sugars to fat, when you peak your blood sugar levels your body then produces insulin to lower it, which as mentioned above will be converted and stored as fat. The four hour intervals are enough time for those blood sugar levels to decrease naturally, before your next meal.

Alway Read the Label Like I said above, Low - this or that may have other consequences. ie. Low Fat but a High Sugar Content. There are other tricks to labels too, always check the serving size, to the products size, when reading the product break down. Another may list the break down standalone, where as the product is destined to be combined with something else, which will alter the output greatly. (Sorry, I couldn't really word this better, I hope it's understandable)

I could go on and on, but that's a pretty good primer.

Good Luck my Friend. :)

Steve

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Dog..You're an all rounder...You seem to have studied every subject in life and got at least 95% in all of them?

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

6. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... What are you trying to say JB? :mad: :blink: :D

I'm a lean mean machine ... a nerd that looks like a all-american jock ... well maybe not as pretty, I kinda look like a typical "tough guy". :D ~Pretty Strange, eh?~ :)

7. Jimbob1989

*Looks at the avatar* o_O

8. Firecat

Lean mean invisible biting machine, eh? Your avatar sez your scooby doo's equivalent. You look like an 'original prankster'....*Looks at avatar*

9. wildman

o_O Dog: You don't get your exercise from chasing cars do you? The mail man is a no no also. The cat can defend it's self, plus remember it has them needle like things at the end of it's feet. The black thing with the white stripe down it's back is not a cat, and getting to close to it could be a very smelly situation. Dog: You see how hard exercises can be?

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :cool:

10. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Here's a little more regarding exercise. :D

NOTICE

This Department Requires NO Physical Fitness Progarm.

Everyone gets Enough Exercise, Jumping to Conculsions, Flying off the Handle, Running Down the Boss, Knifing Friends in the Back, Dodging Responsibiltiy, and Pushing their Luck

:ninja: *puppy* :ninja:

11. Firecat

So darn right!

12. Jimbob1989

Who would act in such a way!!! :rolleyes:

13. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Heres to a little less exercise :D :D

14. Firecat

Cheers! :)

15. wildman

:D Woof, arf, bark, yip and owe!

Thanks
    wildman
    :p

16. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

>>New exercise routine if you're over 40.
    >>You might want to take it easy at first, then do it faster as you
    >>become more proficient. It may be too strenuous for some.
    >>
    >>Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!
    >>
    >>SCROLL DOWN
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>NOW SCROLL UP.. .
    >>
    >>That's enough for the first day. Great job.
    >>
    >>
    >>Have a Beer.

17. Jimbob1989

Nice game bigbuck, its good for the youngens as well. Did you know that the children of today have stronger finger muscles than children of the last generation due to all the gaming and computer use we take part in.

Jimbob

18. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

19. Firecat

That's good advice LOL :D

20. Firecat

He's right...we can punch the hell out of all the below 20 wrestlers in the world...:p

21. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thanks for my exercise for the day--gonna get me a cold one now--worked up a sweat :D :D

22. Jimbob1989

Speak for yourself, I can beat em all :D (I am modest)

Rita, you sound remarkably like BigBuck :eek:

Jimbob

23. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Dr Pepper --- right? :rolleyes: :D

24. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Actually I believe I'll have an O'Douls this time :D

25. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A lot of calories and not much fun. :ninja: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.