Wilders review page ?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by CloneRanger, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Just noticed this

rr.png

I don't recall ever seeing a page like that on here. Is that the only one, or are there others ?

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

3. CloneRanger

Hi, & Thanx for finding it :thumb:

I'm surprised there was ONLY ever 1 review made, wonder why ?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Technically, that wasn't the only review ever written by staff here. It was the last (and I think only one) written and posted here on this forum's server.

Before that, there was a website called wilders.org that held all kinds of content. Help pages on just what was malware and such. Pages dedicated to each layer or the layered security approach. (Pages on antivirus, firewalls, etc.) Downloads and links to useful sites...

I honestly don't know why this particular review was posted here rather than at wilders.org. Maybe it had already gone down by then.

In any case, wilders.org got taken down years ago because no one had the time to maintain it. The idea being it was worse to keep "old and maybe obsolete" information online versus giving up the site. Usually, "not maintained" means not very useful over time.

5. CloneRanger

@ LowWaterMark

Yeah i remember wilders.org fondly ;) That's one of the www's where i first started to discover more about security/privacy etc. From there i found this www :)

Pity that it wasn't maintained/updated, as it was a source of Good info etc ! On returning to it now & then over a period of a few years, i did notice nothing had changed :(

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Me too... that is one of the first that I stumbled onto in early 2002, when I got my first computer. Then I found the now defunct CastleCops... and eventually I signed up to Wilders. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.