Wilders and Paragon...

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Longboard, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Nice move by Wilders. Good move by Paragon.
    Wilders maintains relevance and continues to evolve :thumb:
    Although Paragon isnt my first choice to now for back-ups :shifty: I've kept an eye on the utilities for some time.
    Lots of development and adds ons.
    Heh: recent freebies much appreciated. :D
    Experimenting as we speak.
    Even as I become increasingly befuddled : Looking to new horizons.

2. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Yes indeed it's nice to see Paragon here.
    Acronis has gone, but new vendor it's already here.
    Paragon isn't my first choice too, but i hope people here can work together with Paragon folks and make better product and more used by people.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

woot welcome paragon.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Good replacement:). I use the Paragon Partition Manager in Windows after using a server version and have never had a problem so I can recommend the program...may now have a look at the other products.

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I want to see how Paragon gets on with the people here at wilders and how fast or slow they're products improve.

6. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I used to use Dos to partition my first hard drives, then Partition Magic, then Acronis Disk Director 10.

They all had their quirks but when a person gets used to an idiosyncratic way of partitioning it is comforting in a weird sort of way.

I have been wanting to try Paragon but they always cripple the application so that one is never sure of the real world outcome. My main problem with DD10 is the inability to copy a partition with out corruption of some sort.

This is the main concern to people (i.e. my family and friends) who buy a machine with a ghost image and no real XP disc to multiboot.

Microsoft has an almost full-proof way to partition a hard drive when installing and adding additional instances of XP ( here I am implying a real XP disc with full capabilities). The problem is when one wants to alter the size or merge a partition of a "ghosted" installation .

DD10 knows how to do this well on most of our machines. Copying a partition (I am not getting into ATI 10's ability to do this as it is too time consuming for the average non computer literate) is a major disappointment for many DD10 owners as they get a corrupt partition after copying it.

Yes, they are at least a half dozen ways to correct a corrupted partition, but this only proves the inability of DD10 to do it's highly touted job on many machines.

Will Paragon be better at this crucial job than DD10? We must remember that most computer manufacturers do not include a clean and genuine version of XP ( or Vista) with their bundled software package.

I hope this will be remedied by Paragon as I will buy and "trial" the full product and do my recommendations based on their ability to do so with out corruption. If they are able to do so with "ghost" type images then I would consider the purchase justified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.