WiFi Help?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Colyn, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colyn

Colyn Guest

Hello - I purchased a lap top recently and I am in search of what I would term a "WiFi Signal Booster" but when I google that topic, it doesn't seem to be what I have seen and am looking for.

I work in a position where I see a lot of traveling sales rep types, and many of them have a device that looks like an antenna. I presume the device would work something like this...

Plug antenna looking device into a USB port and boost the signal receiving ability of a WiFi enabled computer.

In other words, I have a lap top that I want to use in a low signal area so I need better reception. Anybody know where I can find something like that?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

3. Colyn

Colyn Guest

It looks like a coaxial cable connector, do you have to have that to use an antenna?

4. Colyn

Colyn Guest

My laptop has a built in WiFi card (It's a Dell Inspiron). Can you get an antenna that utilizes a USB port?

Or, can you get an antenna that connects in some other way than directly to the WiFi card?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Linksys makes one that will do what you want. Here

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.