WiFi etc Radiation concerns

Discussion in 'hardware' started by CloneRanger, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Food for thought !

2. guest

guest Guest

Look at the source of those news, lol. Pure conspiracy theories............

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

You got the wrong guy :D That's David Icke, not Alex Jones !

Anyway if you followed the links you would know who's stating what etc, Not AJ or DI.

Plus they are NOT Conspiracy theories, but researched Data = BIG difference.

Also Conspiracy theories in general are not CT when they are proved true, and/or with Lots of info etc showing Lots of evidence to the contrary.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It's not a conspiracy theory :rolleyes: Good god. For one thing, everything on Earth gives off some radiation. For another, radio frequencies can indeed give off moderate radiation...meaning cell phones, wireless devices and so on. Also, don't just look at the amount of radiation that is given off, but how often the body is exposed to it. There is absolutely no way possible for anyone who knows a single thing about radiation to write off the possibilities of harm coming from devices like this. Over years of excessive use, harm can actually be done.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Oh ho ... time for the tinfoil boxer shorts ... :eek:

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I think it's important to point out that no one in their right mind is going to or can say these devices are going to see you having chemo after a couple of years of moderate use. That's simply ludicrous, and is no more true than saying standing next to your microwave a few times a week will give you cancer after 2 or 3 years. Ignoring the real danger though, simply because it may not happen by next year, is just as stupid and ludicrous.

7. Daveski17

Now I'm starting to worry ...

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Why? Are you a 15 year old girl who would, if it were ethically possible, have a surgeon attach her cell phone to her head so she'd never miss a call and never get tired of holding it to her ear? All jokes aside, people are so used to these everyday pieces of tech that they never really think about how it all works or what downsides there are to what seem to be so many upsides. That goes for a lot of things really. There's no reason to take articles like this as saying "cellphones kill". That's grossly, terribly overstating things, and is most likely why so many blow the warnings off. If it's doing anything, it's teaching moderation. In what world has moderation ever been a bad thing? :)

9. Daveski17

I'm not really that worried. As you say, we are all regularly irradiated by everything from background radiation to the microwave oven. Besides, I drink way too much real ale to worry about such trifles as nuking any part of my anatomy with a laptop LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.