WIERD AIM VIRUS!!! CHANGES AWAY MESSAGE ON ITS OWN TO NEW PICS FROM THE BEACH.HELP!!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ApBurtonBoarder8, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApBurtonBoarder8

ApBurtonBoarder8 Registered Member

When i am sugned on aim my away message will pop up on its with NEW PICS FROM THE BEACH!!!!! as its text.. How do i get rid of it? HELP!!!!!! :(

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Re: WIERD AIM VIRUS!!! CHANGES AWAY MESSAGE ON ITS OWN TO NEW PICS FROM THE BEACH.HEL

Hi ApBurtonBoarder8. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Take a look here,

http://www.jayloden.com/symptoms.htm

See if it helps.

snowbound

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ApBurtonBoarder8

As Snowbound suggested, try the AIM fix first (it has been recently updated so to be sure and download the most recent version, you can find a download link at MajorGeek's) AIM fix 1.0

Then I would suggest you follow the steps in the General Cleaning Instructions for further checking and cleanup.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

snap

4. erikb

erikb Guest

i had that aim virus a few days ago and i ran the aim fix and now my aim is making all the icons (ex. smileys) blue and stuff. and it wont stay on for a long time, it will randomly sign off and back on or something and resetting. should i run aimfix again? any help would be greatly appreciated

-erik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.