Why we set the Proxy setting on Localhost?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aysha, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aysha

aysha Registered Member

hi
    Why we set the Proxy setting on Localhost when ever we want to use any testing Tool like e.g WAPT for performance testing and PAROS for security testing, both tool dont work until i set the proxy setting on local host

please explain me why we have to do this

aysha:p

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

localhost (sometimes written as 127.0.0.1) loops back the tests to ur computer. if a different address was entered, then that other computer would be tested.

3. aysha

aysha Registered Member

aysha

:p hi
    Why we set the Proxy setting on Localhost when ever we want to use any testing Tool like e.g WAPT for performance testing and PAROS for security testing, both tool dont work until i set the proxy setting on local host

this is not with these two tool we have to set proxy even for web based application testing as well

what come in my mind is that we set it bcoz specific application or tool can not see the web tracffic until we set its proxy to local host but one thing come in my mind that why we remove already existing IP and why we set it on localhost?
    please explain me why we have to do this

Regards!
    aysha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.