Why was I not informed of a new release ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Defenestration, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I am a registered member of PG and my e-mail address is registered to receive the DiamonCS newsletter, but I never received notification when PG 3.050 or PG 3.100 was released.

Did anyone receive notification of the new release ?

2. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I'm really happy about this release because I was having problems and told Jason and never expeced it this fast so I understand that they have been working very hard to get this release out super quick. I personally don't mind if I don't get informed because I can always find this out from the forum.

The main thing for me was that I needed the fixes quickly and DCS delivered. To be informed personally is nice but I would rather they spent their time on programs than newsletters. I can always get the information here.

You will find that for any major releases and upgrades you will be notified by email but minor fixes are usually posted on the forum.

Dave

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Defenestration, DCS don't usually bother to email on minor releases as some users see it as SPAM but I suspectthere will be a news letter before Christmas. :)

4. dog

dog Guest

Oooooo ... Must be some TDS News!!!! ~How Exciting!!!~ :D :D :D

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

FWIW, I think notification of a new release to all licensed users is appropriate. Many software vendors provide an automated route, though I am not suggesting that Diamondcs do this because of the nature of the product. However, I would like to see automatic notification.

Rich

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

REALLY?

:eek: :eek: Oh YES BABY YES

7. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Watch out Pilli ... you may have just let the cat out of the bag ... Let the stampede begin. :D :D :D

Better Stand Back!!!

:blink: *puppy* :blink:

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Ah Dog, Sorry but please don't read too much into my post. I know nothing about DCS release plans but I know that DCS are working extremely hard and that a news letter is probably not at the top of their "to do" list at this moment in time but they may want to wish their users the season greetings.
    New releases of TDS4 and WG4 will take place when they are ready and not before. I for one, will not waste my time or DCS's in speculation.

Cheers. Pilli :)

9. dog

dog Guest

Sorry Pilli, ;) I was only teasing ... If you think any of the remarks made may cause any trouble ... ~Please delete them at will~ :)

I was just having fun. ;)

A Christmas Message would be nice. ;) LOL :D :D :D

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  10. worldcitizen

Dear Pilli,

You are a nasty one for a tease aren't you?? I remember reading somewhere that before the end of the year a new product was due to be released (not PG) yet you persist in saying you know nothing with a big fat tongue in your cheek!! You do want to make us drool don't you!!

You are hereby awarded the number one teaser award on DCS forums by me -the number one stirrer. Consider that a privilege as I don't give out awards lightly - that is, unless they are well deserved and your antics today put you right at the top of the list of teasers.

I'm waiting eagerly for my Chrissy present from DCS this year. We all never got one last year so we are due for one and if we don't get it I will be complaining to SANTA Pilli!!

Dave

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I am honoured Sir. :oops:

@Dog, I know you were teasing - So was I.

Dave has me weighed up :blink:

12. dog

dog Guest

:blink: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :blink: LOL :D

13. worldcitizen

14. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... But maybe I already got Mine! :p :blink:

15. worldcitizen

Not from DCS you haven't. I 'hear' that the elves in their workshops are very busy in Perth!

Dave

16. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Someone ~Has~ to do the testing ... LOL :D

ps. Those little guys sure are crafting some Great things :p :D :blink:

Merry Christmas Dave ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.