Why was i charged sales tax?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by NOT HAPPY, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOT HAPPY

NOT HAPPY Guest

:mad:

I just purchased LNS and noticed that i was charged $2.71 sales tax that i think is ridiculous.

I've never been charged sales tax for any d/l ive purchased from the net.I could understand if i had purchased this in a store in the state i live in which is --usa--ga,but then i would atleast have a retail box and cd--which of course i dont because this was a d/l from the net.

If LNS wants to send me a retail box then it will be ok--but if not i want this sales tax returned back to my card.

My rant is only with the sales tax being charged to me---i believe this is an outstanding firewall or i wouldnt have purchased it--hell i already own several other firewalls.

2. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Depending in wich state you are sales taxes if I'm correct can be applied.

3. FluxGFX

And some states are subject to sale taxes even if you get a box or a download.

Symantec charges sales taxes ( depending on the state you are in or country ) and other various software company do to.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, Sales Tax laws in the United States are very specific. Sales Tax is required, by law, from purchases made within some states and more and more websites are adjusting their purchasing code to correctly charge such taxes.

Sales Tax in the USA is a reality and it is unavoidable. In time, all websites will be properly charging this tax at "point of purchase."

Just so you know, even if a website doesn't charge Sales Tax at the point of purchase, this doesn't mean that tax is not owed. It is owed. Check your local tax laws for statements regarding sales tax and "use tax".

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

You get something better then a CD or Retail Box, you get product with an impressively dedicated Firewall vendor who responds to every single E-mail and even posts whether or not you are a Paid customer. ;)

6. FluxGFX

Can I say F*CK yeah BOUYA to that phant0m`` ?

7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

LOL

8. NOT HAPPY

NOT HAPPY Guest

I purchase alot of software on the net---this is the very first time ive been charged tax--this will discourage people in the future from making an on line purchase--as there is no benefit in it--they would rather go down to best buy and buy it.

When you purchase a program like this on the net there is not middle man--more profit for the maker.

I m just saying in the future i think if there is no benefit to buying it on the net--people will have to buy from the retail store--less profit for the maker.

9. gkweb

gkweb Guest

I'm think that the vendors cannot do anything against that, the law is the law, and may be him will just earned the price without the tax.
    I done many buy on the Internet, and i often payed tax or travel tax, i don't see what is wrong.

regards,

gkweb.

10. Tuulilapsi

Tuulilapsi Registered Member

The thing is, I don't think Best Buy sells Look'n'Stop. :D

11. Well i dont know of a law YET that states you must be charged tax with an out of your state purchase.

Unless the item your are buying has an office of operations in that state.If you purchase over $500 a year of out of you state purchases then you must file that on your tax return.

I dont understand why you guys are defending sales tax--if you want to pay tax--then thats your american right--i dont care for giving uncle sam any more than i have to.

And like i said earlier--i dont mind paying sales tax for a boxed retail item---But just for a non tangible item i d/l from the net--no i cant see paying any tax for that.

Like i said--this has nothing to do with LNS firewall that i believe to be outstanding.

I know they are trying to pass a law that you must pay tax for any item you order out of state--but as of yet it has not passed.

I order around $500-1000 a week in computer parts out of my state--and i pay no tax.

If you cant see what i am talking about then thats your right.

12. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Could you confirm you registered through RegSoft (and not Yaskifo!) ?
    For my information, were you aware about the tax during the ordering process (in other words, did ReSoft tell you that you will pay for $39+2.71) ? or did you discover it after the registration ?

I know that there will be change in VAT regulation for Europe starting 1st of July, but this should not impact US orders done through RegSoft.

Regards,

Frederic.

13. Hey frederic

It was regsoft--i didnt know about the tax untill the end of the order.

14. At the end of the order they gave me the chance not to finish the order--but at that point i decided to go ahead and purchase.

regards

15. fryr

fryr Registered Member

I was also charged Sales Tax (VAT) buying from the UK - I was not informed of this until the last page of the purchase. I was very annoyed to see this being charged.

I have bought so much software from the web and never been charged VAT when no physical media was being shipped.

This bumped the price to over $45

If you are going to charge VAT on top of the $39 then you should make this clear right from the beginning as the true price differs from the advertised price.

16. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi fryr,

The VAT regulation for Europe is something very new, it started by the 1st of July, so this may explain why you never seen that before.

However, it is not normal that during the registration process you are informed about that only at the end.
    Could you confirm you used RegSoft for the registration ? I will then contact them.
    Since you are in Europe, perhaps using Yaskifo! you would be charged only 39 euros.

Regards,

Frederic.

17. fryr

fryr Registered Member

Yes I paid through RegSoft.

My order number was 07272003-51997-202

Thanks
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.