Why the difference in file size?!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sdc888, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdc888

sdc888 Guest

I read the listing for SpywareBlaster on CNet.com, and it says `Free download 720k', yet when you go to download it, it's actually 2.6MB!! A huge difference, to say the least.....where is the error, and why is there no Tech Support to email?!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, that CNet page is terribly out of date. (I'm referring to this page, which is the one I suspect you are talking about.) They maintain that page themselves, and I don't think even Javacool can get them to correct it.

You'll notice that page still says the version of SpywareBlaster is 2.6.1, which was a 720KB file, unfortunately that is an old version now, and the current version (3.1) is actually 2.16MB in size. The download link they provide will give you the correct kit, they just pull it from Javacool's own site, but if you prefer, you can go to the real Javacool Software Site and see his write up, description and file size information:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'll work on updating that page soon, but I should note that it isn't free - CNET charges to list downloads and to update them (the primary reason it hasn't been updated yet).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.