Why Special Bank Protection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

ah, i see. ok as long i do not find an official download site linked no comment. (visited some days ago)

trusteer site contains lots of merchandising (bla bla bla) but i failed to click on "download here" cause i never found it. the site itself is awful bad designed. nevertheless with site search i got a link to an online setup - silly stuff. :thumbd:

if people feel secure with such software they should use it, i wont spend any cent on it.

VPN - i think its just a secure connection but it wont prevent malware coming in.

2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. itman

itman Registered Member

I tried it on a Phenom II 6 core high -end CPU, fast SATA 6 GB/s HDD, performance 8 GB DDR 1600 memory and Trusteer slowed IE 9 on WIN 7 x64 SP1 to a crawl. Worked with their tech support people which are very responsive with no resolution. So I dumped it.

Footnote: I use NIS 2013 and it is entirely possible that Sonar doesn't play nicely with Trusteer.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

If you look in the Privacy Technology section there are numerous discussions about VPN services. Typically you can get a yearly subscription for <$100. I used Witopia for a couple of years and they were excellent ($60-$70). I switched to a less expensive service this year and regret it because it takes longer to connect and their client software is buggy. Just read some reviews and see what the users here say. You can often buy service for a month at a time - sometimes one day at a time - so you can test drive before committing to year (which is usually quite a bit cheaper).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.