Why so long to create image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I have paid for True Image, but I do not have any way to make reliable back ups. I tried to use True Image 9.0.2277 from within windows (not using the rescue cd) to create a full disc image about 4GB in size to an external hard drive. It took 45 minutes, and the same image creation I used to do to the secure zone used to only take about 4 minutes. Also, when I then try and verify it, it says it's a currupt image ("Error E00070020 The archive is currupted"). Anyone know why the image creation is taking so long now, and why the images always verify as currupt?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thebigdintx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As for the slow backup speed. This problem is most likely caused by the slow connection of the external hard drive, while Acronis Secure Zone is apparently resides on the internal disk and therefore it takes much less time to create an image saving it to ASZ.

Could you please collect the following information?

- How much time does it take to copy your image archive from the external hard drive to the internal disk and then back to the external drive?

- What is the exact size of your image archive?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- How much time does it take to create an image when booted from Bootable Rescue CD (build 2277)?

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

What concerns the problem with "corrupted" images in Acronis Secure Zone.

Could you please provide us with the following details?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Make a screen shot of the error message;

- Try to verify an image when booted from Bootable Rescue CD and inform us about the results.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I sent the info you requested....For other thread reader's info, I copied a 4.93GB image from my external hdd to internal hdd in 4 minutes, then copied it back from the internal hdd to the external hdd in 11 minutes. Also, I don't have a floppy disk drive, so couldn't do that part of your reqest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.