Why should i buy nod 32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nod or f-secure, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have nod32 trail on 1 computer and f-secure trail on the other computer

Ive read a great deal conserning nod32 and f-secure.

Both are very good ,but f-secure seems to be much better at finding malware--trojans

But---i like how nod32 runs on the computer better.

Does nod32 plan on having a better unpacker engine in the future.[this is very important]

Now i do run trojan remover on my computer for backup.

Question--if you have a extra trojan program on your computer is there a need to have a better unpacking engine in your virus program?

I didnt come here to start a flame war--i only want you guys opinion between 2 very good companies.

I also like the interface of nod v2 better also.

Now when nod32 upgrades itself are you offered the upgrade at no extra cost as long as you are within your years worth of updates.

I doubt that when f-secure updates from 2003 to 2004 ill get that as an upgrade for no extra cost.

Thx for your opinions--i need to make a purchase here soon--almost at end of trail.

2. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi,

When upgrading NOD like now from v1 to v2 there are no extra costs involved.

I have read that NOD is working on a unpacker engine, so in the meantime i also run Trojan Remover, which i seldom use by the way, i think once a month or so.

I know personally that NOD is very capable in finding Trojans.

rgds,
    Martin

3. martindijk

Hi,

Can you explain why you think F-secure is better in finding trojans than Nod??

Did you have Nod long enough to figure that out??

Please can you elaborate on this some more??

rgds,
    Martin

4. Well i thought it is common knowledge that the kav engine is the best out there for finding and elminating trojans

Read at most any site --dslreports--here--many test including some real world very unofficial test claiming that f-secure is the best.

Now even in reading all that--i still am considering buying nod32.

For the fack that it runs better on my computer---i really am very carefull what i d/l from the net--ive only ever had 1 trojon on my computer and just a handful of lite viruses on my computer.

I dont open any attachments in e-mails from unknown sources.

You yourself just said in the future nod32 will improve there unpacking engine --where kav has one of the best unpacking engines right now.

5. martindijk

Well, there's only one thing remaining here to see how NOD deals with virusses and trojans, give NOD a spin for a few weeks with your trial version and discover yourself which one is "better" ( i hate that phrase ), i did so, and believe me, i have tried them all.

Iam not here to promote, only to say, give it a try and discover yourself, that's the most important thing that you be happy with the AV you choose, cause there is allways something you dislike about an AV, which you like more in the other, so give the Nod a try and find out.

rgds,
    Martin

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I had Norton 2002 and started all kinds of trouble with it. I did a lot of research and settled on NOD32. So far I have been very pleased. Go to www.virusbtn.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.