why no tray icon after installing V4?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xwray, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xwray

xwray Registered Member

I uninstalled v3 antivirus from my thinkpad X200 running XP SP3 and installed the V4 antivirus. The odd thing is there is no "eye" icon in the system tray but it seems to have installed OK and appears to be working fine. Does anyone have an explanation for this...is there a way to turn it back on?

thanks

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Is egui.exe running under services?

philby

3. xwray

xwray Registered Member

It is listed in the processes pane of the task manager but I don't see it in the services applet in the Administrative Tools if that makes a difference?

thanks

4. jswas

jswas Registered Member

Hi,
    Click start, then settings, then taskbar, then notification area, ensure that the nod icon is set to "show" then apply changes then press ok.

5. philby

philby Registered Member

If this doesn't fix it right away, a subsequent restart will probably do the trick.

Happens to me occasionally - no idea why...

philby

6. xwray

xwray Registered Member

Thanks gents....it turns out I had to leave for a while right after I answered Philby's question. When I returned, I turned the laptop on and there was the icon...I don't know whether y'all intimidated it into showing itself or what but I'm not going to argue with success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.