Why no safe version of TI in version 11?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tombuur, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombuur

tombuur Registered Member

When creating bootable media I don't get the option of creating a safe version now that I have upgraded to version 11.

The truth is that the full version doesn't work on my system. First it is slow and then it hangs. That was the case with version 10 and also with version 11 I now realize. So I have to use the safe bootable TI from version 10, and my upgrade money is more or less wasted... yeah there are some additions, but 90% of my usage has been based on safe versions from cd.

2. vango44

vango44 Registered Member

If you register your copy of TI-11 online with Acronis, the Safe version plugin will show up in your account as a download and after you install it you can make a bootable CD with the Safe version.

3. tombuur

Thanks, I just registered coincidentally while looking for updates. Just wonder why they don't provide automatic registration of products/updates that you pay for and download online all along.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Acronis isn't alone in this. One reason is that often the downloads are handled by a different company such as Digital River who do it for a lot of vendors. The linkages could certainly be done with a bit of work though.

5. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

That was the situation here too until I took the oft repeated advice to create either a VistaPE or BartPE boot disk. Bye bye Safe Mode, Hello every one of my drives :)

6. seekforever

The proper way to correct this is to raise a support ticket with Acronis and provide any requested info so they can give you a new .iso file to create a Full version boot CD for your system. This update then should be incorporated into future builds.

7. tombuur

Just came across that BartPE looking for the safe mode plugin, and found out what it was. However, I get all my drives with Acronis TI in safe mode, so I cannot see any need for that right now.

Looks like the new safe version asks for password to disk which confused me completely until I just ignored it.

8. Earthling

That is the route I initially took but it did not lead to my being offered an iso customised to my system. Instead I was simply given an upgrade from 10 to 11, and this solved nothing. VistaPE solved everything.

9. seekforever

Complain that the problem persists in V11.

While VistaPE does offer a solution, it like my BartPE CD, would not be an ideal solution because I start my restores in Windows to revert to a previous image. This is very convenient without the need to shutdown the machine, put in a CD and reboot. Then after the job is done, remove the CD and put it away.

The times I really need to start with a CD because the disk is bare are very, very infrequent.

10. Earthling

I can't really argue with that as it would certainly be more convenient to start a restore without having to reboot from the CD. However I have only restored the once - just to satisfy myself that VistaPE would work under any circumstances, which it does. That to my mind is a no hassle, no worry situation, and I don't have to concern myself with the (distinct) possibility that what worked under ATI 11 will suddenly stop working when ATI 12 comes out. ;)

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tombuur and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you encounter problems when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, please follow seekforever's advice and submit a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Before submitting, please make sure you use the latest build of the version of Acronis True Image you have. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you are already using the latest build of latest version of Acronis True Image (currently Acronis True Image 11 Home and Echo series), please also collect some information and send it along with your support request:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

VistaPE will also run faster than Safe Mode is likely to and will operate on many more kinds of hardware set-ups.

13. tombuur

Well, full mode doesn't work a lot of the times. Slow and hangs. Don't know what to send to support. I am using the latest and registered TI ver. 11.

Anyway, safe mode gets the work done, and quickly too. So I see no problem, except for Acronis because of the impression a badly working program leaves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.