Why must they fall on their sword????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cat-21, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

I'm sorry to read all this stuff here in the forum about this release of True Image v9 for Home and v9.1 Corporate/Server/Enterprise. With Universal Restore and other new features available in these new versions, it's a shame it has to be marred by the problems their users are facing when completing seemingly simple tasks. Acronis should not let the releases of Symantec or other influence a release date on their products.

I would rather wait 6 more months for TI 9.1 but receive a fully working version then get it now and suffer. If as a user I knew Acronis released later than the competition, but released a fully tested product, I could rely on them and I wouldn't mind the wait. It's one thing if people were only having errors when completing complex imaging tasks like restoring a DC to different hardware or something, but failing images written to external USB and Firewire drives is unacceptable. Unbootable Restore Disks and many other random error messages stopping their Backup or Restore tasks, etc are also errors that wreak of "Beta" and not "Full Version". Get your stuff together Acronis..........

2. RodneyJM

RodneyJM Registered Member

Cat 21, how do you know these problems are purely Acronis fault ? what about the end user making mistakes ?

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Actually 9.1 is their best initial release in a very long time. There are very few problems posted with 9.1 compared to version 8 or 9 and especially few compared to Ghost.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Thread closed - please feel free to post a specific software support issue in its own thread as opposed to generalized things like this and especially such speculation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.