Why Leaktests Are Mostly Irrelevent

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dmenace, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

Well, it's nice you gave me examples from the real life.
    However, I thought you were using CFP 3.0 for HIPS protection!?
    What do you use for protection?

Do you recommend me to have CFP 3.0 with HIPS or Online Armor (shareware)?
    Because my USB memory stick is frequently infected with malwares (especially when I'm writing my diploma)-so far I was lucky, I've been able to catch them all, but for how long?
    Also, to catch malware with CFP 3.0 should it be in Custom Policy mode, Paranoid mode, Very High frequency alert level?
    Thanks for the informations and advices you casn give me!

2. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I think the both are good. But they are differently designed, so I don't know what approach you would like more. As far as I know CPF allows a user to configure every security aspect. But here can be a trap. Until you fully understand what danger every aspect brings you'd better use paranoid mode, but this mode is almost unusable. I use OA AV+ and it doesn't matter what mode to use, because OA modes and settings affect mostly interface way and security level remains the same. So I'd recommend CPF to a user with a good knowledges of system internals and OA to an average user.

3. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

One more thing. I'm sure ZoneAlarm's application level firewall and OSFirewall would catch this beast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.