Why is Safe-Mode better than Full?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hagen28, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hagen28

hagen28 Registered Member

Hi,
    I had a problem with the TrueImage 11 Boot CD. At first no hdds were found, when I used the full mode. There were these errors:

Code:
    dev/sda: read failure after 0 of 4096 at 0 Unknown error
    dev/sda1: read failure....
    dev/sda5: read failure....
    dev/sdb: read failure....
    dev/sdb1: read failure....
    Later I had the error code E000101F4.

Then I downloaded the safemedia plugin and tried to boot from cd in safe mode. This was problem no problem then and everything worked fine.
    But I like to have a Boot CD with USB support, so I wonder whether there is a chance to run TI in full mode making it find my drives. Can you help me?

I didn't have any problems with the version 10 boot cd.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Keep using the ver 10 cd until the myriad of problems with ver 11 are fixed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hagen28,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

In order to run Acronis True Image 11 Home in the Standalone version firstly we would recommend you to make sure that the build you are currently using is the latest one. If it is not so you should download it and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. If this does not work please try also "acpi=off noapic" workaround described in Acronis Help Post.
    If the issue still persists please submit a request for technical support with the attached Linux System Information file, Windows System Information file and Acronis Report file. All mentioned files can be collected in the way it is described in Acronis Help Post. This will let us try to create an image of the CD which should work correctly with your hardware.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Safe Mode runs under DOS which ignoresa ll kinds of things that might, and do, trouble more complex Operating systems. In Full mode, the Boot CD is linux, which can have trouble with some of the hardware that the DOS mode ignores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.