Why is it blocking all TLS/SSL?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rand4505, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rand4505

rand4505 Registered Member

ESET SS v6.0.308.0 seems to be blocking ALL https traffic, under which tab do I find the place to disable this blocking behavior, I want all my traffic to use https, that should be the default...

2. rand4505

The screenshot is what I am seeing. Again TLS/SSL should be the DEFAULT, so why do I need to make an exception or give it explicit authority to use a more secure form of communication? I need to disable this checking that ESET SS is doing until this gets resolved. How?

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      wtf.jpg
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello rand4505

Not really an answer, but....more an explanation for why you see a red notification window
    Eset notifies you , because the certificate is not on the TRCA-list. And therefore ask you, if this certificate in question, should be trusted or not.

Regards, Janus

4. rand4505

SSL certs authentication is very different from certs that are used to sign Programs. Yes they are both x.509. But I am not going to be installing certs for every website I go to into my CrtMgr on my box just to go to a site. From the behavior of SS I am thinking whoever coded this implementation didn't know the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.