Why is IMON now required?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I had to uninstall NOD32 because it failed to update a module properly on Sept 24 which I didn't realize until yesterday. I downloaded the program again and just installed but even with doing a full custom install I could see no way to not be forced to install IMON! I did not have IMON installed previously.

I do not use IMON and do NOT want it installed. A major reason I use NOD32 is because I have never been required before to install IMON (or POP3 scanner with version 1). Is this some new requirement? How do I remove IMON? I don't want something installed which I will never use.

Can you link me to the download version that was available earlier which did not require that IMON be installed? Thank you.
    W98SE

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

this is not possible (or at least not as easy as it might seem at the first sight). However, if you do not choose to register IMON to the system during NOD32 installation, no changes will be made except that IMON will appear in the Control center panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.