Why is Firefox browser so difficult to update...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tarnak, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I booted into one of my snapshots which has Firefox installed...

I got a popup informing that there was an update via the internal updater, which I allowed...but it ran into trouble...

ScreenShot_Firefox_v42_update_01.gif ScreenShot_Firefox_v42_update_02.gif ScreenShot_Firefox_v42_update_03.gif ScreenShot_Firefox_v42_update_04.gif ScreenShot_Firefox_v42_update_05.gif

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

So, I then clicked on the link [as per link in screenshot above], and then got the Stub.exe, but then ran into problems with that, too:

ScreenShot_Firefox Setup_Stub 42,exe_01.gif ScreenShot_Firefox Setup_Stub 42,exe_02.gif ScreenShot_Firefox Setup_Stub 42,exe_03.gif ScreenShot_Firefox Setup_Stub 42,exe_04.gif ScreenShot_Firefox Setup_Stub 42,exe_05.gif

So, now I have the full installer which I saved, and will run later...So, maybe I will get Firefox updated, finally... Third time should be the charm. Will advise the outcome. But why so hard to update the program in the first place?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Is one of your programs blocking the install?

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have tried shutting down my other programs, e.g. WSA, SpyShelter, Emsisoft, etc, when I have tried to update, previously from the current installed versions. Seems, I have to run the latest full installer, and then I get it to update without a problem. Weird, but that is how it goes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.