why is Eset is so easy to kill ?!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ESS_Lover, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESS_Lover

ESS_Lover Registered Member

Hi everybody
    we all know that when we kill the process "egui.exe" all ESET modules turn off immediately and the machine will be totally unsecured !
    so why is it so easy to kill egui.exe process by the task manager !?

If you don't believe this , open the task manager by pressing ctrl + shift + Esc
    and then click on " Processes " tab and then right click on egui.exe and choose end process , now the protection is off , to make sure run any malicious file you have , a virus , a trojan or patch and ESET won't detect it because it's not working !

What do you think about this ?
    ESET must fix this huge bug by protecting the egui.exe process !

Regards
    ESS Lover

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

i would be seriously ~Snip~ if it didn't close when I ask it to. malware doesn't get a chance to do the same because I don't let it run in the first place

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  3. ESS_Lover

how would you know if it was malware if ESET didn't detect it in the first place !

ESET must protect it's process ! or malwares will kill the process as easy as drinking water ! :mad:

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

if eset can't detect malware why do you think that undetected malware can't equally defeat any other process protection. If malware can ran without AV doing or knowing anything about it then it is trivial that among other things it can stop the av running

5. stimulator32

stimulator32 Registered Member

Hello my dear ESS_Lover,

the process that you mentioned pertains to the Graphical User Interface only, so when you kill the process egui.exe, you actually kill only the interface ..

I did the following:

killed the process, then tried to run two malicious files (By Sandboxie pro.):

The first file (Bifrose trojan):

11-08-2009 07-13-17 AM.jpg

The second file (sality virus):

11-08-2009 07-13-48 AM.jpg

As you notice that the two malwares didn't run, though the egui.exe is killed !

Cheers ..

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Exactly. There are people who need to have gui disabled. IMHO, I think that one would kill most of other AV software easier than ESET (meaning ekrn.exe which performs antivirus control, not egui.exe which is nothing but the graphical interface).

7. ESS_Lover

Thank you very much Stimulator32 I never though of it this way
    because you know, when I kill avgnt.exe which Avira AV user interface process , Avira will still show detection notification windows if a virus is detected !

but when I tried it with ESET ,and killed egui.exe , it didn't show a detection notification !
    of course I didn't try to run :)

Anyway thanks a lot of explaining :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.