Why is Acronis Support here?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Kaupp, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaupp

Kaupp Guest

Just curious...

regards
    Kaupp

2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

It is a great place to provide support to their users and also serves as a Knowlege Base.

3. passinthru

passinthru Guest

4. Laurelton

Laurelton Registered Member

Well, there are many, many folks over in that forum getting quite frustrated at the level of (non) "support". There hasn't been a post from anyone at Acronis in at least a week... and the problems with their software are numerous.

The people who run this site and came to some agreement with Acronis should probably be aware of that. If they're going to check-in once or twice every month or so, I wouldn't be calling it "support".

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Laurelton,

Acronis Support posted just yesterday (my time zone).

regards.

paul

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Certainly there are indeed numerous threads asking critical support questions in the Acronis section here, and to be sure most threads are about problems people are having with the software (that is the nature of a product support forum), Acronis Support has been more active then your post states.

If you want to see the posting history of Acronis Support, just check the link in their profile showing all their posts:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=13415

7. Laurelton

Laurelton Registered Member

If this is supposedly a support forum, I don't consider a reply directing the user to 'support@acronis.com very helpful! But even those have been few and far between lately. And I'm not the only one thinking that way:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=56883

I've sent two unanswered messages to their support email, a couple here, and I've run out of patience trying to get their product to work.

My only point here is that there are MANY unanswered messages in the Acronis forum and it appears that nobody from Acronis is monitoring the issues. A short "we're working on it but it'll take a month" is better than dead silence.

I had to go out and buy Norton Ghost since their product, right out of the box, would not work on a brand-new Dell 8400.

Thanks for listening/reading.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is a worry, I have been watching the forum for a while, maybe they are just suffering from too much growth too quickly, and this if not managed well can cripple a business... Hopefully they will get on top of things in the not to distant future...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.