Why I only input 20.11.71.12?bu....?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by icephonix, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icephonix

icephonix Registered Member

When I add a rule ,I want to input an ip 203.118.71.129 ,
    but I only could input 20.11.71.12!why,and how could I do?
    I use chinese version,chinese windows system!

2. icephonix

NObody know ?

3. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

I suppose this is an ip you want to block.
    Each of these four fields will only take 3 numbers, but it does work

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi icephonix,

I remember one user reporting the same kind of issue with a chinese version of windows, but unfortunately I don't think we found a fix :(

This IP field is coming from MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes, MFC42.DLL) library and I'm not sure something can be done in Look 'n' Stop.
    Did you notice the same control (IP selection) working in other circumstances in another application ?

It would be interesting to verify if the issue occurs only when trying to enter an IP or if the display is also incorrect when the IP has been selected before.
    To verify that, do the following: manually edit the ruleset .rie file (it is a simple txt file) and then open the rule edition dialog box.
    Just open the .rie file in notepad, find the concerned rule with the description, and you will find the IP (partially entered) in the IPAdd_PC_Bas* or IPAdd_Net_Bas* fields. Update it, save the file and open again the .rie inside Look 'n' Stop.

Frederic

5. icephonix

Yes I have done with the same way!But it isnot convenient!

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

This was mainly just a test to know if the control accepts anyway to display 3 digits in one subfield, when the IP is externally configured.

What happens exactly if after having 20.11.71.12 instead of 203.118.71.129 you put the cursor just after the 20 and you try to enter 3 ?

Another test: if you put 203 in the clipboard and you try to paste it in an empty field, what's happen ?

Frederic

7. icephonix

What happens exactly if after having 20.11.71.12 instead of 203.118.71.129 you put the cursor just after the 20 and you try to enter 3 ? YES
    Another test: if you put 203 in the clipboard and you try to paste it in an empty field, what's happen ? JUST 20 be input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.