Why I frequently get BSOD with my Dr.Web?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by exlons, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exlons

exlons Registered Member

I have been used latest version(4.33) of Dr.Web for windows server for several weeks, but I also got several times bluescreen of death with my Windows 2003 server in this period, that hadn't occured for years before I choose Dr.web.
    Is it a known bug of Dr.Web? or any kind suggestion?

2. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi exlons,
    I have used drweb in the passed, it was always a first class AV.Was your Pc ( TOTALY) clean before you installed drweb.No traces of your previous Anti-virus.
    Badcompany.

3. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Running the server edition of Dr.Web, you may be better helped by contacting Dr.Web support using their support ticket tracking system. As for their desktop version, I don't know of anyone who has experienced a BSOD running version 4.33.2. Have you posted in their forum, tech support responds pretty quick there to issues and problems.

4. marcromero

marcromero Guest

What was your previous antivirus solution ?

5. exlons

exlons Registered Member

It was not "clean", before I shift to Dr.Web, I used NOD32 on my system, But I uninstalled it completely before I installed Dr.web, and deleted any trace I could found in registry about NOD32.
    if it nessessary that I should reinstall my system completlly?

6. exlons

exlons Registered Member

It was not. pls see above.

7. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I had Nod32, before I installed Dr.Web also, it seem to uninstall pretty clean, although it did mess up my winsock, whenever I uninstall an antivirus, I clean out all folders, temp files, run system file checker and then run a registry cleaner (RegSupreme) before I install a new program. Have you done any of this before installing Dr.Web ?

8. exlons

exlons Registered Member

Not any you mentioned, I have clean out all folder, temp files,and any registries searched by keyword in registry, now I think it might not enough since when I use RegSupreme u seggest, it found more garbage in registry, as for running SFC, windows2003 seems auto protect sytemfile from being changed. I will try to reinstall Dr.web by your way to see if it works on my
    system. Thank you!

9. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Have you resolved your BSOD problem ?

10. exlons

exlons Registered Member

Not sure yet, these days I got a realy hard task needs to be done ASAP, so i temparary shift to free antivir PE class, it works smoothly these days, But I still wanna have a try to see if the BSOD of Dr.web could be solved finally in my laptop.

11. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Glad Avira seems to be working for you at the moment, if you decide to try Dr.Web again and have problems, please post back. Good luck.

12. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

A small memory dump file (%SystemRoot%\Minidump) should be uploaded for us to download and analyze

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.