Why have a wish list thread?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by d.chatten, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

Why have a wish list thread if some if not all of the feature requests for ATI 9 where implimented in to ATI 10 instead, does this mean that any future feature requests are going to be implimented in to ATI 11 instead of ATI 10, if this is the case then customers aren't going to be very happy as they expect feature requests to be implimented in to current version of ATI not future versions.

It seems to me that the wish list thread is just for feature requests for new versions of ATI not yet released.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. dog

dog Guest

That's exactly what it's supposed to be. The title is Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread, it's not tied to any one version ... the idea is feature requests for future version.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Personally, I was never a fan of the Acronis True Image Wish-List thread as I felt it would only result in "bloatware" without necessarily sorting out the problems in current versions. Nevertheless, a number of major changes were in fact incorporated into TI 9.0 via builds 3567 and 3633.

Regards

4. d.chatten

Well shouldn't the tittle be somthing like "Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread for future & current versions" or "Acronis True Image future & current versions WISH-LIST thread" as this would let people know that the thread is for both current and future versions.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The main problems with the wish list thread is that it has not been edited or restarted. It has become as a result a mish-mash of some good ideas, a lot of loony ideas and still contains many item which have already been implemented.
    IMHO far too many of the wish list items have actually been implemented. This has made rods for the backs of Acronis support and each succeeding version to become harder for the majority to understand let alone use effectively. Acronis developers of TI home should have KISS in a large framed notice hanging from all four walls.

Xpilot

6. dog

dog Guest

It doesn't implicitly imply things won't be incorporated in to future builds of the current version if its possible, and/or feasible ... but generally such threads are geared toward next generations, subsequent releases of current releases are generally limited to bug fixes, minor corrections and such, not the implementation of "new" features - if such was the case when would versions of *any* software progress beyond version 1. A change in title isn't necessary as the purpose of what is implied is understood by the majority.

Regards;

Steve

7. d.chatten

I didn't start this thead to be argumentitive (if that is how you spell it) or to question the tittle of the thead, i started this thead to get an understanding of what the wish list is there for and if there is any real need for a wish list thread at all considering the confusion it causes with future and current versions.

Customers expect bugs to fixed, they also expect feature requests that where implimented in to a current products to work, such as DVD support in ATI 9, also support for Vista was requested for ATI 9 and has now been implimented in to ATI 10, yet in a number of threads on the forum, Vista support was going to be implimented in to ATI 9 when Vista is officially released, but now that ATI 10 has support for Vista i for one don't think we will see Vista support added to ATI 9.

Just my thoughts, no harm intended.

8. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I still can't really comprehend how any Vendor "Claims" to have support for Vista when there is NO Official Release of the OS. Yes, there are Beta versions out, but those are unstable because they're susceptible to constant changes until the Official release.
    My guess is..... they've "Played around" and "tweaked" Acronis to work with the Beta. But however, I wouldn't stand behind the sentence, "XXXX now supports Vista". Nothing fully supports Vista yet.

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There are Beta versions for the general public including RC's, there is also a parallel scheme for major software writing companies. You will find that they will have had access to DLL's and any new driver schemes to enable them to start planning Vista savvy programs.

How else can there be programs specifically for Vista the day after it is released? All the BIOS and MB and CPU manufacturers will also have bits of the new OS to enable them to have the MS/Vista passed logo's.

Colin

10. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

It's ok to use the Beta versions to get your software ready for Vista's release, but however; to claim it's already "Vista compatible" at this moment is a little premature.
    Vista is NOT set to be officially out until January 2007, but then again, it's hard telling because of the schedule delays. They still have the option of changing a lot in Vista before it's Official release. I've heard they're taking something out of it that didn't work to good. If so, then programmers, and developers will have to change their software around as well. It may Not be out until May of June of '07. Who knows?

11. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Yes I agree with your point starsfan09, I get the feeling that v10 might have been destined for just before Vista or just after, and some how marketing forces have persuaded 'the powers that be' to release it now.

Just hope that MS don't change anything too drastic between now and then.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.